Took an med sup app today but probably won't get a confirmed approval before 2/14

sam816

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
... and the applicant is currently on a MAPD with humana.

I told him it is risky to submit a part D app before a confirmed approval for the supplement so we hold off on that.

If we do submit an application for part D, will he be able to get back to his MAPD in case the supplement is not approved? without a SEP?

TIA.

which carrier ?

You have to be careful when working ADP. Know which carriers will approve fast. If you take someone off MA and they get declined it could turn out bad for you

UHC plan N, I am already told it takes 10 to 15 business days and they won't expedite.

If they have AARP number you can fax it and if there are no issues it can get approved in time, But dont do drug app if it doesn't get approved in time you have to let it go

What state are you in?

Do you have competitive rates with Cigna, they are quick

I've yet to have them take more than 5 days.

Rick

I had it once they mailed out a form for a doctor to attest to health, It was declined because she had kidney disease, She lied to me also

However the point is if there is an issue they will not communicate to the agent and you have to wiat

If they have AARP number you can fax it and if there are no issues it can get approved in time, But dont do drug app if it doesn't get approved in time you have to let it go

What state are you in?

Do you have competitive rates with Cigna, they are quick
Arizona, I don't think Cigna is competitive here with supplements.

Any PDP application written now (2/8) through 2/14 (MADP cutoff) will take effect on 3/1/18. The client has until 2/28/18 to cancel (as if never enrolled) the PDP enrollment. Once the PDP has been cancelled it SHOULD result in an automatic reinstatement of the MAPD coverage. It's not ideal, but that's the way the system works.

Back