Top 10 Auto Insurance Companies?

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Now that I have narrowed down the Wholesalers to Smart Choice and Iroquois I need to figure out what companies to get appointments with that they offer. Some of the companies they might not offer and I will need to fill in the cracks with Superior Access and NIA.

I eventually want about 10 companies to choose from. So lets start a list of the top PL auto insurance companies for independent agents to provide their clients for all possible situations. Especially the lowest priced companies. Here is a couple I have so far on my list.

Definites
Travelers
The Hartford
Safeco
Infinity
Progressive
Unitrin

What companies am I missing and who do I need to add?

Thanks Steve,

I want to be able to be able give people the best price and insure almost everyone when it comes to auto insurance.

What about these other companies?

AIG
Chubb
Explorer
Commerce West
GMAC

I really want only the top 5-10 companies because anymore than that and it will just be a waste.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Steve, does NIA offer these companies? Thanks

Progressive
Kemper
Encompass
Mercury
Allied
Unitrin

Last edited:
Regionals have outperformed the National carriers in my office over the last 20 years without fail. When the Nationals pull in the reins, the regionals are still there with a market every time.
We have Hartford, Travelers, Farmers, Encompass, AIG and our regionals- Erie and Donegal have been, and will continue to be our leaders in every market. Good luck

Is UNITRIN also KEMPER and KEMPER also UNITRIN?

I ask this because NIA lists Kemper and SAIS lists UNITRIN.

Are they one in the same or different?

In my state Kemper is the preferred and standard personal lines market for Unitrin. We also have Unitrin Select for non-standard business. And Beep, Beep, Cha-Ching, Unitrin Direct as a direct-to-consumer writer.

I hate companies that compete with me and also expect me to write insurance with them (Unitrin/Kemper, Progressive, etc.)

Last edited:
In my state Kemper is the preferred and standard personal lines market for Unitrin. We also have Unitrin Select for non-standard business. And Beep, Beep, Cha-Ching, Unitrin Direct as a direct-to-consumer writer.

I hate companies that compete with me and also expect me to write insurance with them (Unitrin/Kemper, Progressive, etc.)
Thanks for the reply.

NIA offers Kemper access and SAIS offers access to Unitrin. In California are these the same products. SAIS is Auto only BTW.

Thanks in advance for replying.

So my understanding is regional companies can usually offer a better deal in most cases?

Some of the regionals in Cali are

Commerce West
Wawanesa

Back