Top auto, home and renters carriers ranked based on user experience

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
Brian Anderson submitted a new article

Top auto, home and renters carriers ranked based on user experience
bigstock-Businessman-Holding-Five-Star-185818483.jpg

A new Clearsurance ranking of the top auto, home and renters insurance carriers based entirely on policyholder feedback netted some strong results for USAA, which topped two of the categories and placed second in the other.
Continue reading the Original Article.

Apparently they're unaware that GEICO is not a homeowners insurance company.
Geico's agency does sell homeowners insurance. They are white labeling the product by using other insurer's paper. The customer, as evidenced by thousands of consumer reviews in the Clearsurance community, identifies Geico as their insurer, not the entity that has the paper. It's all very confusing to the consumer and another example of the lack of transparency that exists in the industry. We made a business decision to identify Geico as the homeowners insurer, as that is the brand identified by consumers that buy homeowners through the Geico distribution model.

It does highlight the point that Clearsurance has an opportunity to better clarify this arrangement on Geico's profile page for the benefit of its community members.

Mike Crowe, CEO
Clearsurance

I never cease to be amazed at just how effective USAA's marketing is. Clients literally think that they are lucky to have USAA's insurance when very reputable markets with similar user experiences can offer much cheaper premiums.

I never cease to be amazed at just how effective USAA's marketing is. Clients literally think that they are lucky to have USAA's insurance when very reputable markets with similar user experiences can offer much cheaper premiums.

Very true, my husband is a Veteran and USAA was not the least expensive for us by far. I just wanted a quote to see what it was all about. That commercial where they make it sound like the Vets earned this coverage and need to use it or loose now and pass it along to your family is really good.

True, USAA is usually not the lowest premium, but they have a long lasting reputation for excellent claims service, including paying claims that most insurers would deny up front. A lot of people feel a few extra dollars is worth knowing they will be covered.

State Farm was built on this model, frequently not the lowest premium, but neighborhood agents, friendly agents, good claims service. Over the years, they have changed back and forth, along with many other carriers.

Geico is thriving nowadays because todays society simply doesn't want to talk to people. Online, texts, perhaps email, okay, phone, no way. Times have changed. Geico is capitalizing on it.

Back