Top Senior Market FMO/IMO's

wcburke

I'm looking for a top rated FMO/IMO that will do what they say they'll do, especially return voice mails, answer questions occasionally and pay top commissions. Also, if they make an error on their commission statements they will resolve it quickly. I'm particularly interested in these 5 companies: HRBC Insurance, Precision Senior Marketing, AGA, Western Marketing and The Brokerage Resource. If anyone has any direct experience with these or perhaps any other FMO/IMO's they are particularly drawn to, I'd be grateful for any input you may have.

Thanks,
Bill

Field sales as is required by Medicare Advantage products unless there is a way to sell MAPD plans over the phone. I heard a rumor that may be the case forthcoming.

I'm looking for a top rated FMO/IMO that will do what they say they'll do, especially return voice mails, answer questions occasionally and pay top commissions. Also, if they make an error on their commission statements they will resolve it quickly. I'm particularly interested in these 5 companies: HRBC Insurance, Precision Senior Marketing, AGA, Western Marketing and The Brokerage Resource. If anyone has any direct experience with these or perhaps any other FMO/IMO's they are particularly drawn to, I'd be grateful for any input you may have.

Thanks,
Bill
I just picked up a contract with Precision Senior Marketing. They seem fine. I believe Chazm has used them for years.

Don't get paid by the FMO, get paid direct from the insurance company or you'll get screwed.

Field sales as is required by Medicare Advantage products unless there is a way to sell MAPD plans over the phone. I heard a rumor that may be the case forthcoming.

It's not just a rumor anymore, but not just anyone has the capability.

Call and talk with Fede over at PSM. He'll get you straight.

Todd...

Does your IMO have this capability... allowing agents to sell MAPD over the phone (and emailing the application and SOA), or using e-signature? Basically, sell MAPD without physically meeting the client.

Last edited:

Thanks,
Bill

I'm new to Medicare myself, but have been in the industry for 24 years selling Life of all sorts, Supplement Voluntary Plans, Property from personal to commercial on individual and business & corporation levels so I'm familiar and comfortable with calling, door knocking, rejection, relationship building, prospecting, lead generation, beating the streets to make it happen, whatever my "IT" was at the time and in all of my years gaining contracts and partnerships have I EVER had such a frustrating time getting from a Marketing Company what they promise!
I need support, follow through, honesty, integrity, training and access to a mentor or sales trainer who can and will be willing to train on Medicare Plans, why I'd choose one carrier over the other for the client, how to determine what plan is best for them in comparison to what they have, what do I do if they have TRI-CARE or Medicaid or how do I determine if they qualify for extra help and/or have zero premium on Part A &B and Rx's. I need someone who will guide me to get my feet on the ground, advice on how to set up a sales presentation binder or are these a thing of the past for us "old" agents? Tell me exactly what and which sales materials I need to order (I currently have several stacks of "overstock" from where I have just called each carrier and asked what I was authorized to sell for them and what marketing/sales materials I need to market and sell everything I can sell under my contract.
Additionally, I cannot find what commission amounts I should expect. Am I getting screwed with MA paying $270-300 on new and $240 on renewals,12% on supplements and approx 65% on all life products on a seasoned agent structure as well as not vested for 3 years, no release, requiring captive b/c they provide up to 20 telemarketing leads with preset appointments per week.
I need an FMO who will train, who will pay, who will support their agents and who want and appreciate their field agents or are we all just another number who are easily replaced in the industry of modern times?

Any guidance and direction of who a newbie is best served contracting with would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to Medicare myself, but have been in the industry for 24 years selling Life of all sorts, Supplement Voluntary Plans, Property from personal to commercial on individual and business & corporation levels so I'm familiar and comfortable with calling, door knocking, rejection, relationship building, prospecting, lead generation, beating the streets to make it happen, whatever my "IT" was at the time and in all of my years gaining contracts and partnerships have I EVER had such a frustrating time getting from a Marketing Company what they promise!
I need support, follow through, honesty, integrity, training and access to a mentor or sales trainer who can and will be willing to train on Medicare Plans, why I'd choose one carrier over the other for the client, how to determine what plan is best for them in comparison to what they have, what do I do if they have TRI-CARE or Medicaid or how do I determine if they qualify for extra help and/or have zero premium on Part A &B and Rx's. I need someone who will guide me to get my feet on the ground, advice on how to set up a sales presentation binder or are these a thing of the past for us "old" agents? Tell me exactly what and which sales materials I need to order (I currently have several stacks of "overstock" from where I have just called each carrier and asked what I was authorized to sell for them and what marketing/sales materials I need to market and sell everything I can sell under my contract.
Additionally, I cannot find what commission amounts I should expect. Am I getting screwed with MA paying $270-300 on new and $240 on renewals,12% on supplements and approx 65% on all life products on a seasoned agent structure as well as not vested for 3 years, no release, requiring captive b/c they provide up to 20 telemarketing leads with preset appointments per week.
I need an FMO who will train, who will pay, who will support their agents and who want and appreciate their field agents or are we all just another number who are easily replaced in the industry of modern times?

Any guidance and direction of who a newbie is best served contracting with would be greatly appreciated.

You might need a local FMO who can do hands on training. If you were in Orlando I would know where to send you.
Btw in 2019 you should get $484 on new and $242 on renewals (a few states offer more) but if you need a lot of hand holding you may get less.

Back