Top SEO Companies

good article links.....I've read some of the bruce clay articles in past...i was referring to the Evaluation Criteria section...it has some good points.....knowing that the actual rankings are suspect!!

Wouldn't the best SEO companies be the ones that show up when you Google "SEO companies:-)"

Kinda like "doctor, heal thy self"

Not necessarily.

They'd be the guys that backlinked themselves off their own client's pages in most cases.

The seo guys that advertise heavily are charging you for just that... their advertising.

The guys that are best at seo don't need a advertising page to rank page 1 to get business. People go looking for them. That's likely trash business anyway, where you'd be working with clients that had no idea of goals all day that didn't listen or follow instruction well then blamed you for how they weren't following instructions.

The very best seo guys are probably found on a couple forums (not this one) that you could in theory track down, if they would work with you, or by searching for the term you wanted to rank for and finding the guy who already ranks for it or a very similar term and asking them for advice.. if they would help you. That's how I learned.. I tracked down those guys.

Worst part of it, if you don't already have a very strong computer background, you won't have a clue what they're talking about and they won't want to waste time with you. It'd be like showing up at Victor Wootens house asking for bass lessons or Keith Moons house for drum lessons, but you never played in your life.

It might take some number of years to get to the point where you could learn enough to really do well. Content creation only goes so far.

If you're very good at html you can probably teach yourself enough to get to the point where you can do it, but it will likely take a great deal of time.. are you in this business to sell insurance or learn an entirely new technical trade?

The day you stop keeping up, you're dead in seo. It's not something you can learn one time and then you know it. You have to literally reexamine what you're doing every day.

The 5 or 6 guys on this forum that I think know what they're doing could definitely give good enough advice to rank a 40-50/100 mid difficulty term on page one. Content will get you there. It won't get you to page 1 for a high comp term by itself.

Brook is right, just because your #1 for an seo term does not mean, you are better/the best. Just means you spammed ur way to the top, excuse me built links...

Example, search "health insurance quotes"....

I will wait.....

waiting....

30-40% of the sites in the top 10-20 are spam sites, little content, 30-50k spam backlinks.

Another thing is that you would probably balk at the rate a "real" SEO Guru would charge to make it worth his/her time.

Since there have so many/a few people come on here offering SEO services that were deemed bs, most of you would piss your pants at the rates charged by SEO's that can get things done.

And some of you need Local Search optimization not necessarily what some call "seo optimization"...just semantics really.

SEO, I've found, is very difficult to discuss. You can hire a marketing expert to drive traffic to your restaurant, but does your food suck? Does your service suck? Are your prices too high?

"Traffic" means nothing to me. But it does. Conversion is the only thing I really care about.

Our car dealership hired a marketing company to "plaster our lot" with traffic. They did one of those stupid mailings where everyone in the area got a key. If yours turned the ignition, you got the car - free.

Oh...our lot was flooded alright. No one sold a car, but damned did we have a lot of traffic.

Back