Torchmark Companies

Don't walk...RUN.

I'm constantly amazed this network of companies isn't out of business. But their insurance doesn't cover anything, so they have plenty of money laying around. It's overpriced garbage with a staff of quasi-criminals at the helm. Do yourself and your clients a favor and have nothing to do with them...

(all my opinion, of course). :)

I was finding out for a friend. I am happy where I am at, just did not know anything about them. He told me they are terribly disorganized for a captive situation.

For some reason I was looking at the stock {tmk} and the stock was doing fairly well. That was the other day. Going like from $55 to $56 and in the 60's and such.

Anywho, I worked for two of the three main companies. I personally thought that there would be possibilities there- if they were to majorly change how they did things. To start with: all they seem to care about is recruiting, not selling.

If you want to learn how to be a recruiter than work for torchmark. They master the art of of recruiting a 1000 agents hoping to keep 20 of them

LibNat: they seem to be big in the southeastern part of the USA. They came here to TX a few years ago in like 2005. Well, that's when I became aware of them here. Maybe they were here in 2004. Anyhow, the mgr they sent from Fla was real good, but soon the office died out because the mgr could not recruit more people than the people who were leaving. Average life span for an agent around here is a month or two, managers last about 6 months then go back to Alabama or Fla or WV or wherever they came from. I'm serious, if they could tweak a few things, they could be ok. Seems like it's a leadership/management problem of some sort. Philosophy problem- as well.

By the way, you put "Liberty Mutual" in { } quotes, in your first post, should be "Liberty National". Common mistake to mix those two up.

So, their products are good but their leadership, management and philosophy are flawed ? Have you seen their health plans they push and the overpriced med sups some older seniors are trapped in? Their marketing practices, at least in the office I was associated with for a few weeks, were very questionable.

So other than management, leadership, philosophical and ethical issues, I would highly recommend them to other agents, especially my local competitors. ;)

Back