Trade Show Ideas

GetInsurance

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Michigan
I have a table at local REI club meeting tonight. 120-150 people normally attend. They meet quarterly and the last Health insurance guy they had has been renting this same table for years. He retired and moved to sunny Florida recently. I'm going to be the new guy and this would be the first type of event like this for me. They have a couple of speakers, and then I man my table as the people go around and see what services they are interested in. Any ideas on what I should do to generate some good leads from this. I was thinking to have a form for interested people who want me to get in touch with them. A lap top to generate quotes then and there for some people. And my hot girlfriend playing my assistant. I will be wearing a suit-no tie. She is a banker, so she will be in a women's suit. Any suggestions?

Yea, lose the idea of the laptop to run quotes. You might catch one fish while the school swims away.....

Offer a dinner out (or something)drawing and have your entry have a checklist of needs. Everybody can enter, not just those with a need. Draw at the end, give the prize and later go back to the entries and contact those with an interest to talk to you. Now this is very important.. throw away the ones with no interest! They are not prospects. Only call on those who have given you permission.

You have to remember this is a prospecting time, not a sales time. Talk lightly with as many as you can, try not to get tied up with one person for 10-15 minutes talking trivia.

When I was younger and in better health, I used to do trade shows and they were pretty good results wise. You just have to remember that it is an introduction and light conversation with a promise to talk more later. If you are trying to close right then and there, you'll make one sale and lose 9 others.

I'm gonna give away a night at the movies. I hope to make some good contacts or get a real estate office to pitch to out of this. Totally off-subject here, but, Moon, do you buy shared leads at this point in your career?

Well lets analyze this... 100-150 agents... prolly not the best group of folks today, since most are starving to death right now. But, the objective should be to get names, numbers and email addresses. Small talk with most, have a fishbowl for them to put there card in (once), or some other method for them to register for a drawing. Pre-printed ticket number, etc.

I would suggest a better door prize than the movies, but if that is the best you can do, then so be it. I would strive for something that most folks would want to receive... IPod, Dinner Gift Card, Gas Card, etc. I would have 3 prizes in decending order of value, so their odds of winning are decent. Not sure what it costs you to host the table at the event, but if this is done properly you should be able to make a few sales now, and a few more throughout the year. Put these folks into drip mkting program and call them once every 3 months to say Hey...

Lets say you make 2 sales, that should be 1500 bucks in comm. That should be a minimum of that actvity, I would think; but more should be possible. What would you spend in other marketing to make 2k...? Likely 300 bucks or more.

Unfortunately at this late time you aren't able to put much together... but would have been nice would have been some large posters of case studies... Family make-up, what their former situation was, and what you were able to do for them.. in prem savings and coverage enhancements. If you had 4 or 5 of these so that someone walking by could mentally plug themselves into one of the examples, and see that "Hey, maybe this guy could help me just like that..." There is always the next event... As I learned in Cub Scouts... BE PREPARED.

Sportsnut, you make tons of sense. This fell into my lap last night, so being prepared wasn't ann option. I'm going to lock up the spot for the future and will use your ideas. Especially having examples to show, and a better prize. iPod is genius, everyone loves those.

Back