Trade Show Raffle

but if you get them to fill out a card and give a health company you have something to work with and to call about later.......

I'd stay away from food and candy anyway. I attend a lot of trade shows and you want a lot of people to come to your booth, but the right people also.

Very cool giveaways like food and toys will indeed get a crap load of people to stop by your booth but there won't be much quality.

Last one I attended someone was giving out these little toy airplanes. Well, every parent in the place grabbed one yet there was zero interaction at the booth.

Really? And they couldn't strike up a conversation with the parents while the kids played? Something wrong with those sales people...probably didn't want to be there but believe me, this is what you want. The kids drag the parents to the booth and that's when you introduce yourself to the parents! Build rapport, ask questions. Some people will be open to this and some won't. It's a numbers game...the more people you talk to the more leads you'll get.

Last edited:
First off, folks from WV don't have any teeth.

Secondly, are you suggesting that movie theaters in CA don't serve popcorn?

God, no! Popcorn is so YESTERDAY!!! They have nachos with Velveeta cheese and SuperPretzels!

I've heard some theaters have kegs and wine, though...

Last edited:
DUDE....get a big jar and fill it with ones,fives,tens and some change.....with a sign that says free money......have some entry blanks drawn up for them to fill out to guess how much is in there and the closest guess wins and a spot to put who their current health plan is with a small disclaimer on the back that they will be contacted.....people will beeline to a big jar of money........and you can bark that this is how much money I can save you on your health insurance.....

I've seen a lot of folks have a lot of success with this idea...people seem to love it. I like the popcorn too.

Many moons and suns ago when I worked for Pru, one of the female agents (I think Shirley was her name) had a booth at some kind of street fair where she was raffling off a new bike. Nice one too.

Well, she picked the winner a few days later and called 'em up to set up a time to bring the bike over.

The winners lived on the second floor, and this petite female agent had to struggle to get the bike upstairs. When she got there, they wouldn't let her in, and asked her to leave it outside. True story.

I would have peed in their bushes.

I have the opportunity of being the only health insurance agent to participate in a trade show next week. There will be about 100,000 attendees! I have a booth, an insurance company backdrop, and brochures. I'm designing a flyer to hand to people as they come by. The best part is I have no cost for this.

Do I want to gather names by having a raffle? If so, should I include a box where they can check if they want to receive a free health insurance quote?

This looks to be a phenomenal opportunity and I don't want to screw it up!

Rick

I've done some small trade shows with good success. I think you should give away something everyone will sign up for like a $100 grocery certificate or $100 gas card. On the sign up sheet have one or two qualifying questions that they can optionally answer; Are you satisfied with your present health insurance plan AND the amount you pay for it? ___yes ___no

Or word the question however it would make sense for you. When you get 5,000 names in your drawing only 25 or so will answer your question but that's 25 leads that you jump on first.

Sounds like a fun day. I did my last one the week after halloween so I got to buy lots of clearence candy bars.

Back