Training

I have been reading this forum for 2 months or so,it appears that most believe most newbies don't make it past 6 months or to 18 months.My problem is that I have been working hard, the only agent producing and I have yet to receive proper training. I'm selling employee benefits right now and was wanting to get into something that pays well and will be beneficial down the road.I'm looking at the senior market and will be captive, the agency I'm looking at as it's own brokers, will give you leads and set your appts for you.
I went to a business meeting last week and with the 32 agents they have, most all seemed very happy and introduced themselves to me and hoped that I joined their company.Looking at their monthly bulletin, a lot of the top agents was selling 40-50 apps a month,I live in a retirement area and the market seems good for this....my question is with very little experience, would this be a good move or what advice would you recommend, this new company will train me for 4 weeks before I go out on my own.I have had my license for 2 months.

also after signing 100 apps, all business is mine if I decide to leave

Last edited:
Stats say most rookies are doomed to fail within the first 6 months. Make it past that and you have a chance. Make it to 18 months and you might have found a new career.

And it isn't that difficult to find an agency that is cranking out 40 - 50 apps a month per agent. Depends on what they are selling and how they do it.

Stack your sale, especially in the senior market to puff the numbers.

Husband & wife, med supp plans or MA with part D thru a different carrier. That is 4 apps. Throw in final expense on each, that is 6 apps for one sit.

See how easy it is to write 6 - 12 apps a day?

You can do the same in major med.

Husband & wife on HSA. Kids on a copay plan. Add a separate accident plan, separate CI plan, some life insurance on the kiddies. You just did 4 apps (or more) right there.

Easy.

The best training is Blue Cross. They sell everything and have a well known name. I did a lot of multiple apps on appointments.

When you are ready, you quit and go indy. No problem. I'll never be captive or sign a contract without a release. And my money will come direct to me. No more agencies. I'm smart enough and all they did was get in my way.

I'm wanting to get indy, but after I have been educated.Just want to survive and be able to stand on my own 2 feet.I'm very concerned about training, sucks to be the new guy and be top salesman both months...lol...

Just imagine what I could do if I knew what I was doing, I have to set my appts on 2 days a week and twiddle my thumbs the other days.

Back