Transamerica FE APP Upload Issue?

Has anyone had problems with Transamerica receiving and acknowledging their uploaded FE apps? I submitted an app the week of 5/1 and Trans never acknowledged it. I spoke with the Underwriting Dept. last week and they said they made some internal changes and there were reports of problems with apps during that process.

I resubmitted late last week with the docs having a .jpg file extension and, still, no acknowledgement. Even sent the .jpg file to myself and all was okay. Mystery to me although I do notice that there is a message at login that the Trans Final Expense New Business phones lines will be closed on Wed., 5/17 from noon to closing so staff can focus on processing and placing policies.

Has anyone had problems with Transamerica receiving and acknowledging their uploaded FE apps? I submitted an app the week of 5/1 and Trans never acknowledged it. I spoke with the Underwriting Dept. last week and they said they made some internal changes and there were reports of problems with apps during that process.

I resubmitted late last week with the docs having a .jpg file extension and, still, no acknowledgement. Even sent the .jpg file to myself and all was okay. Mystery to me although I do notice that there is a message at login that the Trans Final Expense New Business phones lines will be closed on Wed., 5/17 from noon to closing so staff can focus on processing and placing policies.

Birdman is telling you correctly. Documents should never be in a jpeg format. Jpegs are photos not documents.

Always send documents as PDFs only. No exceptions. You will have way fewer problems.

If you have a an iphone or android just buy the app Turbo Scan. You can scan multi page documents straight to PDF and put them right in your Drop Box. Just as easy as snapping a photo but it's not a photo. It's a document.

Last edited:
Third person to say it's only PDF's to submit with any Carrier, but especially on their system at TransAmerica. Stay between the lines (and fill them boxes) and dot your i's and cross your T's too. Otherwise you see it twice.

Back