Transamerica Issues

Life Hawk

Guru
5000 Post Club
Recently been working through a Transamerica nightmare. Still working applications through the system that have been out there for over 2 months. Granted, I will take responsibility for my own mistakes. However; in a conversation with an IMO, I was led to believe that there are deeper issues in that shop.

Can any one confirm that they have been having issues of late as well? I heard that they had out sourced their new business department. Can any one confirm?

This has me a bit concerned.

I recently re-contracted with them and I’ve noticed nothing but trouble. It could just be it’s been a while since I wrote business with them but it’s like they legitimately look for reasons to slow shit down.

Can any one confirm that they have been having issues of late as well? I heard that they had out sourced their new business department. Can any one confirm?

This has me a bit concerned.

Yes, I had what would be considered a two minute correction turn into a long drawn out process of initialing, dating, refax, receipted, unreceipted, re-initial, re-date and sign pages that didn't require a signature and had nothing to do with the original request, and contained no errors.

Never in 15 years have I ever experienced anything like it. The error that I made would not even require client initials at most carriers. It became so ridiculous, that I wasn't even angry, just kind of like okay, what's next?

If you ask me, it seems be acting like a carrier in distress. Not exactly sure what the distress is, but I am concerned to even write business their direction.

I am officially pulling 2 apps that I have given them and will rewrite else where. I have 2 apps in house that I have not even sent in and am concerned to even do it.

It is taking too long to get business through... too many additional requirements...

I recently re-contracted with them and I’ve noticed nothing but trouble. It could just be it’s been a while since I wrote business with them but it’s like they legitimately look for reasons to slow shit down.

Hmm... I wonder if your not on to something there.

I also was informed that there are rumors afoot the upper management in some departments is sub par. Can anyone confirm the out sourced new business?

One of my downline agencies in California was supposed to have a small luncheon with about 15 of his agents and he had set up something with the local Transamerica rep to come.

A few days before, he texted, emailed and called him multiple times. The guy never showed up. He has no idea what happened to him.

Yes, I had what would be considered a two minute correction turn into a long drawn out process of initialing, dating, refax, receipted, unreceipted, re-initial, re-date and sign pages that didn't require a signature and had nothing to do with the original request, and contained no errors.

Never in 15 years have I ever experienced anything like it. The error that I made would not even require client initials at most carriers. It became so ridiculous, that I wasn't even angry, just kind of like okay, what's next?
I believe JD used to refer to that as Tranny's "business prevention department". :yes:

One of my downline agencies in California was supposed to have a small luncheon with about 15 of his agents and he had set up something with the local Transamerica rep to come.

A few days before, he texted, emailed and called him multiple times. The guy never showed up. He has no idea what happened to him.

I'm a nobody, but those carriers I work with closely, I watch how they do business and am a student of how my business flow is with them. When a company goes into nitpick mode there is always a reason.

Something changed and its either going to get better or worse... I don't know what it is, but agents cannot afford for their business to get stuck in a new business/underwriting goo and spend more time going back for more signatures.

They have run lean personnel for some time... I think it's catching up to them.

I like TA. I've used them for a few years and found if I don't send them bad apps. they are usually good to go.

I like TA. I've used them for a few years and found if I don't send them bad apps. they are usually good to go.

Yes, they have been good... used them before they were trans... but something is just not quite right up there. And after this conversation, I suspect there is more to the story than I originally thought.

We'll wait and see.

Back