Transamerica Med Supp Contract

Norwayguy

I have spent way too much time here.
5000 Post Club
Norway, ME
So I have been out of the Medicare Supplement Market since modernization. I do not like selling Anthem or AARP/UHC and they dominate my state "Maine" which is community rated with a special law that allows the consumer at any time to change to another plan of equal or lessor value with any carrier hence the lack of good carriers. But according to CSG there is now a Transamerica Supp that is competitive. Not sure if it can be sold by agents.

So I have been out of the Medicare Supplement Market since modernization. I do not like selling Anthem or AARP/UHC and they dominate my state "Maine" which is community rated with a special law that allows the consumer at any time to change to another plan of equal or lessor value with any carrier hence the lack of good carriers. But according to CSG there is now a Transamerica Supp that is competitive. Not sure if it can be sold by agents.

I was on the phone with transamerica a few days ago trying to get a quote on a term life but ended up at the medsupp agent support area. I was surprised to find they had a Medsup, I asked a few questions and found out that it's not approved in Oklahoma at this time. Not sure about Maine

It probably can be sold but after awhile you'll wish you didn't bother.

Rick

So your saying its similiar to my feeling on selling Anthem and UHC/AARP or offering United of Omaha or whatever they are calling themselves today... So your saying just stay away from the market some more?

So your saying its similiar to my feeling on selling Anthem and UHC/AARP or offering United of Omaha or whatever they are calling themselves today... So your saying just stay away from the market some more?

They may have changed this but if you submit an application and they can't tell if there is a "3" or an "8" in the address they issued an amendment with the policy. Mailed to the agent and then we'd have to mail to the client.

TA hasn't figured out the since an agent can submit the original application they can make minor changes (ie. not to medical questions) without all the hassle they put us through.

While it doesn't affect Maine I would up going to the CA-DOI because they were applying the birthday rule inconsistently. Suffice to say I'm not their favorite agent.

Rick

They may have changed this but if you submit an application and they can't tell if there is a "3" or an "8" in the address they issued an amendment with the policy. Mailed to the agent and then we'd have to mail to the client.

TA hasn't figured out the since an agent can submit the original application they can make minor changes (ie. not to medical questions) without all the hassle they put us through.

While it doesn't affect Maine I would up going to the CA-DOI because they were applying the birthday rule inconsistently. Suffice to say I'm not their favorite agent.

Rick

I get a little confused with Trans between family markets and now premier... is it one contract or a separate one?

Trans Premier is a new company that is rolling out Medigap. They are supposed to be in GA by years end but I can sell their FE product now if I wanted.

I don't.

Pretty sure TPL is already filed and approved in a few states for Medigap.

TransAm Medigap is a different animal available only to consulting houses like Aon and Towers-Watson to use on their private exchanges.

I think the TPL product will be replacing Stonebridge.

Back