TransAmerica Pre-existing Condition Amendum Thoughts?

TDS551

Expert
When this came out earlier this yr I was surprised it was allowed. I mean whats the point of an T65 Open enrollment? And then just now I called to ask some specific questions about it and I was told " it allows us to manage claims and keep premiums low". So basically their plan G is sitting 20 dollars under the mkt in my state vs Everyone else, and they are cherry picking/cheating. Why isnt everyone else doing this if its legal?

When this came out earlier this yr I was surprised it was allowed. I mean whats the point of an T65 Open enrollment? And then just now I called to ask some specific questions about it and I was told " it allows us to manage claims and keep premiums low". So basically their plan G is sitting 20 dollars under the mkt in my state vs Everyone else, and they are cherry picking/cheating. Why isnt everyone else doing this if its legal?

I'm betting that your particular state may actually allow that. Many states don't allow it. For instance, SC does not allow a company to even look at pre-existing conditions whether turning 65 or replacing a med supp. It's 1st day coverage for all conditions or not at all.

It is legal and it is the same clause as AARP for the most part. I've only steered one client because of it due to no creditable coverage and the known existence of a condition that he would 100% have to have attention for within the first six months.

It is legal and it is the same clause as AARP for the most part. I've only steered one client because of it due to no creditable coverage and the known existence of a condition that he would 100% have to have attention for within the first six months.

I thought it was illegal for OE cases though.

I know it can happen in non OE cases

Back