Transamerica Pulls Transace Immediately???

I am a little mystified where you guys thought Transamerica has been competitive on no lapse UL products for the last few months.

There appeared to me to have been lots of companies with lower premiums.

People sell concepts other than price on a spreadsheet. It isn't all about price...

And what concept would make a person want to pay more than necessary for a product?

Not sure it is a concept - recently had a guy that chose a Protective 10 yr term at $2058 over ONL 10 yr at $1860. Wanted it to cover a 20 yr mortgage and the DT feature of the Protective plan made more sense to him and his budget. We considered level 20 and stepped term plans.

The educated consumer (or agent) takes ratings and product features into consideration.

Why doesnt everyone in the US own a Nissan Versa?? Its the cheapest car at $12k .....

The educated consumer (or agent) takes ratings and product features into consideration.

Why doesnt everyone in the US own a Nissan Versa?? Its the cheapest car at $12k .....

True, but why would you pay $15k for a used Yugo compared to $12k for a new Nissan? :twitchy:

I sold alot of the TransAce with the LTC rider. It was one of the only, lifetime premiums UL's that had "true" LTC (not a rest of life trigger like most of the other riders out there.)

Could it be that it isn't the exact same as other companies that charge more for their cars?

In November I bought a used 2010 Sienna XLE Limited for $14,200.

A year before that, I bought a used 2010 Sienna LE for $11,500.

Both were good deals, but I think the XLE was the better deal. The XLE is a more fully featured vehicle than the LE.

But 10 year term is pretty much 10 year term. Would I pay a couple more dollars for an A+ versus A rated company, probably. But they are both going to pay the same death benefit for the same claim - right?

----------

the DT feature of the Protective plan made more sense to him and his budget

Is DT "decreasing term"?

True, but why would you pay $15k for a used Yugo compared to $12k for a new Nissan? :twitchy:

Because its a classic :D

----------

Both were good deals, but I think the XLE was the better deal. The XLE is a more fully featured vehicle than the LE.

I never imagined you as a mini van driver Bob.

Could it be that it isn't the exact same as other companies that charge more for their cars?

But 10 year term is pretty much 10 year term. Would I pay a couple more dollars for an A+ versus A rated company, probably. But they are both going to pay the same death benefit for the same claim - right?

----------

Is DT "decreasing term"?

Yes.

I never imagined you as a mini van driver Bob.

It goes down the road. Mostly I like them because you sit as you would in an office chair, where I spend the rest of my life.

My other vehicle is a 2008 Red Solara convertible with a tan interior. A poor man's Ferrari with a back seat that actually is a back seat.

mI-NqaXJITik7X8356cKxrA.jpg

I rarely drive it, my wife likes it.

Last edited:
Back