Transamerica Study, "I'll Never Retire."

More than 50% of my agents are over 50 years of age.

I have a good collection of agents in their 60s and 70s, with a few nearing or over 80.

People are meant to be of use and purpose. Total retirement is a sham.

The avg ins agent is age 57. Being older is actually a benefit working with seniors as many of the people we deal with are uneducated thus trust is the #1 selling pt.Also the older agent should have less living exp's as his kid's should be long gone plus they've downsized. I really believe the biggest hinderance to success in the ins business is no different than any other business. CAPITAL. Outside a few go getters a new agent with a family needs at least $5k for leads and 6-12 months of living exp's saved. He might not actually need all that but the peace of mind he gets and the pressure it takes off will allow him a much greater chance of succeeding.

The avg ins agent is age 57. Being older is actually a benefit working with seniors as many of the people we deal with are uneducated thus trust is the #1 selling pt.Also the older agent should have less living exp's as his kid's should be long gone plus they've downsized. I really believe the biggest hinderance to success in the ins business is no different than any other business. CAPITAL. Outside a few go getters a new agent with a family needs at least $5k for leads and 6-12 months of living exp's saved. He might not actually need all that but the peace of mind he gets and the pressure it takes off will allow him a much greater chance of succeeding.

If there is a will, there is always a way.

Many just don't have the willpower to overcome the perceived difficulty.

Kids may be gone but for many they are now raising grand kids.. or great grand kids so they need to continue to work.

To offset expenses agents could contract with LegalShield and market memberships especially the small business and identity theft plans. As this is just a suggestion I won't debate but if anyone would like to see a state specific contract and commission schedule just message me with a email address. LS currently pays daily per direct deposit. I said currently as this post may be here for a 1000 years and things may change by 2995 or whenever.

Back