Transamerica Underwriting

1manshow

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pa
Any input on the med sup underwriting at transamerica? currently writing aetna, cigna, aarp with no complaints and curious how they compare

They are the worst. I have no problems from my other carriers and it seems even with OE aps they never go smooth. Amendments for the smallest mistakes, extra info and letters for any MAPD disenroll and most of all their broker support is confrontational, smug, and arrogant.

They are the worst. I have no problems from my other carriers and it seems even with OE aps they never go smooth. Amendments for the smallest mistakes, extra info and letters for any MAPD disenroll and most of all their broker support is confrontational, smug, and arrogant.

I'll concur with this. We just stopped recommending them for Med Supps at all.

Any chance I have to throw my hat in the ring to discuss how AWFUL this company is regarding processing Med Supp apps I take advantage of.

Seriously, with almost every person you talk to in agent support acting like they own the damn company and you're interrupting their Christmas party, they MUST at some level train these people to be a$$es. This simply happens just too many times, which is every time.

Funny thing is, just like any bully you raise your voice to them and let them know firmly where you're coming from and most back down like the little keyboard cowards they are.

Absolute total Joke of a company for Med Supps.

Any chance I have to throw my hat in the ring to discuss how AWFUL this company is regarding processing Med Supp apps I take advantage of.

Seriously, with almost every person you talk to in agent support acting like they own the damn company and you're interrupting their Christmas party, they MUST at some level train these people to be a$. This simply happens just too many times, which is every time.

Funny thing is, just like any bully you raise your voice to them and let them know firmly where you're coming from and most back down like the little keyboard cowards they are.

Absolute total Joke of a company for Med Supps.

Trans Premier just took 21 days from submission to approval, including 3 client calls to EMSI underwriting and 3 calls to the company with both of us on the line. She had 2 knees redone 2 years ago to the month.

Some medication-a muscle relaxer (?)-which she never filled came up on the prescription history and she had to answer all the questions again, twice. No record of her having called the first two times at EMSI.

Makes me want to use a muscle relaxer. Especially for this one eye.:err:

Recently I wanted to write another policy for myself (Life not Med Supp ... I ain't that old yet ;) ) ...

I thought it would be easy to submit an E-App with Trans ...

That policy never issued !!!

I got a different story from everyone I talked to.

Long story short ... North American got my business instead.

So yesterday Transamerica underwriting emails me and says they never recieved a check I mailed three weeks ago.

so my client goes down to the bank is told they cashed it four days after the mail date.

Un bloody real.

You can't afford to write them.

Back