Transient Ischemia Attack (TIA)

Does anyone know of an individual carrier that will except someone who had a TIA about 8 or 9 years ago? Please help if you can. Thank you!

Does anyone know of an individual carrier that will except someone who had a TIA about 8 or 9 years ago? Please help if you can. Thank you!
If you can write the Aetna plan through AARP, the medical questions only go back 5 years. In fact, the question specifically asks about stroke, not TIA. Have to be at least 50 years to be an AARP member.

Assurant also goes back 5 years but I've never used them so am only guessing.

Rick

If you can write the Aetna plan through AARP, the medical questions only go back 5 years. In fact, the question specifically asks about stroke, not TIA. Have to be at least 50 years to be an AARP member.

Assurant also goes back 5 years but I've never used them so am only guessing.

True, but isn't this condition likely to have some ongoing treatment (check-ups), Rick?

True, but isn't this condition likely to have some ongoing treatment (check-ups), Rick?
Probably not. If there hasn't been a recurrance of a TIA in 8 years, there is no treatment. If the person is on something like Plavix (unlikely) then of course, that's an issue.

From what I understand (I'm not a doctor but play one on TV), the only followup is simply normal physical exams. Checkups are NOT treatment.

Rick

Rick is correct about follow-up. A TIA is really a mini stroke, no damage, there was no follow up. At least for me as I had one about 12 yrs ago. Doc said to see him in 3 weeks. They cannot be predicted. I guess if there is a history or cholesterol problem, modern meds, statins etc., are called for. I would always check with underwriting to see how it is handled.

Why is your fleur de lis upside down?

Its actually a fleur de lis design from a fighting/clothing company named Affliction. I train at a mixed martial arts gym and we have a sponsorship with this company. They also just started a fight league kind of like UFC that Donald Trump co owns.

So basically I need to just run this client with Aetna and not mention anything unless they ask about the TIA? The reason I ask is because this individual is my father and i want to make sure that he's covered. Yes we do have a high risk pool here but the lifetime max is only 500,000. I'm basically just making sure there is no other option besides small group before I go to the risk pool. Thank you guys for all the responses!

Back