Transition to financial planning

1manshow

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pa
Curious if any of you work with a financial planner for your seniors? Or if you transition your conversations with seniors into fact finding on financial planning?

We're considering adding a financial planning office in conjunction with our P&C agency and wondered if the senior marker is worth pursuing for financial products.

Instead of having 1:1 conversations with clients which may or may not come to fruition, how about having the Financial Adviser do a monthly workshop on different topics that may be of interest to your clients? Then you'll know if they are interested in working with an FA. Once you see the interest you can formalize the relationship.

Curious if any of you work with a financial planner for your seniors? Or if you transition your conversations with seniors into fact finding on financial planning?

We're considering adding a financial planning office in conjunction with our P&C agency and wondered if the senior marker is worth pursuing for financial products.
Are you going to hire the planner or is this someone who is established and you're considering a partnership with?

I'm considering a separate entity (start up) with a financial planner that will work in conjunction with my agency.

I'm considering a separate entity (start up) with a financial planner that will work in conjunction with my agency.

Have you spoken to other agencies where this works?
Do you have producers other than yourself in your agency?
How will you incentivize them to work with the Financial Advisor?
I've seen situations where this works well, and other situations where it didn't work because the producers didn't trust anyone else to speak with their clients.

Caveat: not an agent (or financial planner)

If the size of a potential prospect's asset base determines wealth management compensation, It might be that you want to qualify potential prospects in that market in relation to an asset base rather than their age. Perhaps a different perspective than with car insurance.

Back