Travelers Offering Discounts For Direct!!!

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
So I have a large local hospital that apparently now has a deal w/ Travelers for their employees to get discounts....if they go direct. I called & pretended that I worked for them & it's true....

Are you kidding me here? Travelers? I expect this from scum Progressive but....Travelers?

So I have a large local hospital that apparently now has a deal w/ Travelers for their employees to get discounts....if they go direct. I called & pretended that I worked for them & it's true.... Are you kidding me here? Travelers? I expect this from scum Progressive but....Travelers?

Liberty Mutual has a large program for affiliations like GEICO has. Good marketing scheme but basically everyone and their mother ended up qualifying for that discount so in the end all it really is, is a marketing tactic.

Sounds like Travelers is trying something like this now and working out the kinks.

Talk to your rep and see if they plan on allowing agents to give their "affinity" discount in the future.

When I worked for Frito Lay in florida years back I was able to purchase insurance direct thru travelers for a discount.

several carriers are doing direct programs for certain products.. anything you can pool underwrite.

When I was at Zurich we initiated direct quoting for special events and gyms/trainers... or products we would call the "crack em and stack em" .. quick quotes and all risks are similar.

Theory was it was quicker and easier to just work directly with insured.

we just put some fancy name on the program .. was called like the American Health and Fitness Program or something but all it was Zurich paper that was auto quoted online.

Don't any of your carriers give access to their affinity program?

We've used Donegal and Kemper affinity in the past...it's like a whopping 5% credit. The good thing for us was that it opened doors through the employer....we wrote more of the biz with our other preferred carriers anyhow

Last edited:
Back