Tree Service Work Comp Missouri

Aug 7, 2015

1. MaroonNWhite

MaroonNWhite New Member

I have a client who is needing work comp for a new tree service in MO. Anyone know where I can place this? My MGAs are Combined Group, RPS, and Appalachian, and I also have Hartford, Travelers, and Liberty Mutual. None of these places are able to place the policy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. lovinglife

lovinglife New Member

Bolt insurance. My son owns a tree service company here in new jersey. They are one of only very few who will insure tree companies. I believe they are located in the Connecticut area. If you send me your email address, I will locate and send you their contact information. They write nationally. They also do snow plowing insurance, as well. We found them to be highly competitive in pricing.

3. MaroonNWhite

MaroonNWhite New Member

Thanks! I'll DM you my info.

4. Bonn354

Bonn354 Expert

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Did you find placement?

These guys can help. If you need, I can place it with them for you.

Territory Map

Bonn354, Aug 20, 2015
  5. Indiana_Adam

Indiana_Adam Guru

State:
    Indiana
    Applied Underwriters would be another, though has to be a certain size of account and there are some strings attached.

6. Indiana_Adam

Indiana_Adam Guru

State:
    Indiana
    Just reread this. Amerisafe and AUW wont write them unless company has a work mod aka no new ventures. I would say last resort would be Berkley Risk before going to State Pool. Won't save much, if any on premium, but should provide coverage outside the state.

Bolt Insurance is an agency. They are not an insurance company, from what I can tell.

7. lovinglife

lovinglife New Member

You may be correct, regarding Bolt. I apologize if I misled anyone. We were lucky to find them. They were able to insure both the tree company and two snow plowing companies. They were incredibly helpful and their rates were the best we found.

8. Indiana_Adam

Indiana_Adam Guru

State:
    Indiana
    What companies did they place you with? Berkley Risk? Applied Underwriters? AmeriSafe? I'm just curious.

9. Matt Weiss

Matt Weiss New Member

State:
    New York
    Hello,
    My name is Matthew Weiss, President of Selectpeo. I'm excited to reach out and introduce Selectpeo, and how we can build a successful relationship by providing your agency the opportunity to offer Strategic Alternative Workers' Comp Solutions.
    Selectpeo is a premier general agency that offers a competitive portfolio of products that will allow you to grow, retain, and cross sell to your clients. The products we offer have low market penetration to give you the cutting edge advantage. We specialize in PEOs, Strategic Worker’s Compensation solutions and Fortune 500 styled benefit packages. With our competitive portfolio you can maximize revenue and increase retention.
    Our products pay well above average commissions, averaging between 7.5% - 15% of Workers' Comp.
    Brokers Utilize Our PEO Programs For:
    • Pay-as-you-go work comp solutions with no audits
    • To place risks with open/excessive claims, high mods, start ups, high risk class codes
    • Pulling clients out of the State Insurance Fund
    • To handle workers' comp solutions for companies in multiple states
    • To have access to exclusive A rated workers' comp companies only available through a PEO
    • To help clients free up cash flow
    • To offer Fortune 500 style employee benefits
    • To maximize revenue and increase client retention
    I suggest you start by sending us one of your most difficult state fund clients, something you re marketed and never could remove and let us turn that no commission policy into high paying revenue!

10. Markthebroker

Markthebroker Guru

State:
    California
    Have you tried the State Fund work comp pool for that state?