TRH/TN Farm Bureau Med Supp

agentjhc

Guru
1000 Post Club
TRH/FB has very low rates in TN.....I have come up against it lately. Do you have to have FB car or home to buy? It is priced well below the lowest competitor for T65.

Don't run into them but I did see GA FB using one of their subsidiaries. Rates were not particularly competitive. Prospect I was talking to asked and they had something like 40 policies on the books in GA.

TRH/FB has very low rates in TN.....I have come up against it lately. Do you have to have FB car or home to buy? It is priced well below the lowest competitor for T65.

Their trick is low 65 rates, sky high at older ages. Just look at their rate sheet. I explain that to folks and enroll them in something else when they bring them up.

I have had a lady looking to get off of FB/TRH supps in the last week for that very reason. She did have FB home insurance as well, so I can't speak as to whether or not that is required.

Their trick is low 65 rates, sky high at older ages. Just look at their rate sheet. I explain that to folks and enroll them in something else when they bring them up.

Good point. I see that on the quote engine now.

Funny this came up because I had a lady call last week inquiring about rates and she brought up FB plans being cheaper. When do their rates take the jump? I'm assuming around 67-68?

if they don't have FB insurance there is about $35/yearly charge for being a member. I ran into that a lot in Athens and McMinn/Loudon Madisonville and Cleveland even.
You can put them away by showing them the rate increase history. They are Bcbs and nobody in TN should be on them.

Back