Trial right isn't an sep option on Aetna's e-app

keith365

Super Genius
I have a client who owns a mapd. They want to use their trial right to buy a supplement and a pdp. I went into Aetna's Ascend software to write the pdp, but there isn't an option for trial right. There isn't even a box I can check for "other", where I can write in the reason for the sep. The software doesn't offer any election period I can use. Broker support cant help. Any ideas??
Thanks!

Did call them! Guess what. They asked me to call the local aetna manager. Did that too. He doesnt know. He copied me on an email to broker support, who emailed back saying that theres an sep manual on aetna's website. I coudnt find it. I don't think it would help anyway. And best of all, aetna doesnt allow you to download apps. I have to order them. Meanwhile, my client must think I'm goofing off. The solution is to work with another company I guess

Did call them! Guess what. They asked me to call the local aetna manager. Did that too. He doesnt know. He copied me on an email to broker support, who emailed back saying that theres an sep manual on aetna's website.

Do you have an upline at an FMO you can reach out to?

Did call them! Guess what. They asked me to call the local aetna manager. Did that too. He doesnt know. He copied me on an email to broker support, who emailed back saying that theres an sep manual on aetna's website. I coudnt find it. I don't think it would help anyway. And best of all, aetna doesnt allow you to download apps. I have to order them. Meanwhile, my client must think I'm goofing off. The solution is to work with another company I guess

I've had to explain that SEP to at least 2 med supp companies, and at an Aetna face to face training one year,

It's not as commonly understood even by carriers as it is here for some reason

Yeah. is there another way to enroll a client with aetna, like over the phone or something? If not, maybe I'll just have her call in and I'll be on the phone to guide the person on the other end who probably won't understand what we're doing. Come to think of it, I've run into this one other time, and it was also a fiasco.

Does your FMO have their own online enrollment? I use premier senior marketing and they have all of their MAPD plans go through their Medicare enrollment. Soa and All. That’s what I would use if I encountered that situation.

Back