Tricare Members Coverage

Occasionally I get leads that have TRICARE benefits. Are there any gaps in their senior health coverage that can addressed by an insurance product? Or better to just let them be on their merry way?

I recently just ran into this and was under the impression that if you signed up anyone for a MAPD plan it would cancel their Tricare...I was wrong.

I was told, Tricare would still p/u co-pays & she could still use them for her drugs (it's cheaper), but didn't give her any vision/hearing benefits or dental... Like a reg supp plan (I couldn't confirm that).

This lady's grandson had just moved away & she had to give her car away, so having free rides, dental & a 24hr nurse line to call was extremely important to her, so I signed her up. She also had only been seeing 1 Dr, and he was in the plan.

I thoroughly explained to her, she would no longer have the freedom to go to any Dr but she could go back if she didn't like it... She wanted to sign up.

Never waste a lead! Take the Medicare/Healthcare coverage questions out of your presentation once you warm up with them and you find out about their Tricare coverage. Then, focus on specialty insurances like cancer/heart and stroke lump sum policies for them to have extra funds and the option to travel to the Mayo Clinic or other top rated hospital for their treatment. If they travel, let them know about the MASA travel insurance for emergency travel, ambulance and helicopter. Single premium life insurance works well for seniors with money in the bank for the funeral costs, and are more favorable to heirs tax-wise. Also, the kids and grand kids may need life policies etc. These folks know all kinds of people for referrals. If you build a relationship with them you will reap the benefits.

Words to live by. Thanks.

Never waste a lead!

Take the Medicare/Healthcare coverage questions out of your presentation once you warm up with them and you find out about their Tricare coverage.

Then, focus on specialty insurances like cancer/heart and stroke lump sum policies for them to have extra funds and the option to travel to the Mayo Clinic or other top rated hospital for their treatment.

If they travel, let them know about the MASA travel insurance for emergency travel, ambulance and helicopter.

Single premium life insurance works well for seniors with money in the bank for the funeral costs, and are more favorable to heirs tax-wise.

Also, the kids and grand kids may need life policies etc.

These folks know all kinds of people for referrals. If you build a relationship with them you will reap the benefits.

I've put this into effect recently and sold my first Aetna C/H/S lump sum policy! Never waste a lead!

Back