Trouble Shooter: Task Force Warns Against Mailer Requesting Personal Information

The mailer I use don't ask birth date. It does ask age but most don't write that in the space. Just name, address and phone. This group knows little about sellling insurance because very few P&C carriers offer FE. Some may have fully undereritten, but few will qualify.

People still get newspapers?

I can't remember the last time I had a final expense lead have his daily newspaper within reach.

I would further wager most of our market is functionally illiterate.

Ironic they recommend contacting your auto/home insurance company, who more then likely does not have products to accomodate the consumer.

Sad to see the reporter did little fact finding, and simply wrote an article without knowing anything about the subject

A typical liberal nanny state reporter telling people how to run their lives...

Yeah recommending a P&C outfit for FE insurance, makes no sense.

I spoke to P&C agent who sold a senior a policy that was nearly double the price of a competitive policy from a typical FE insurance co.

Maybe the task force should look into that:swoon::swoon::swoon:

I'm seeing more and more of this. The reason I watch it, is because this is what happened in the telemarketing industry roughly ten or so years ago. It started with complaints, then regulations started to tighten.

I'm certain, a "do not mail" list will be introduced in a state house in the next several years, that will work line the DNC list.

I remember my mentor telling me how it made for some tough sledding for awhile when Geraldo did an "expose'' on med supp sales tactics back in the early 1980's. This stuff can affect things negatively, but blows over.

I remember my mentor telling me how it made for some tough sledding for awhile when Geraldo did an "expose'' on med supp sales tactics back in the early 1980's. This stuff can affect things negatively, but blows over.

Med supps weren't standardized back then. Some people carried three or four med supps, and it was almost always unnecessary.

This might blow over, but med supps got hit hard over the bad publicity they were getting, and rightfully so.

Med supps weren't standardized back then. Some people carried three or four med supps, and it was almost always unnecessary.

This might blow over, but med supps got hit hard over the bad publicity they were getting, and rightfully so.

That is what brought about standardization.

Latest posts

Back