Trucking / Transportation Industry

CA All Day

I need some help. I'm trying to tap into the transportation / trucking industry but don't have access to a lot of markets. Currently doing CA but want to expand into other states. Any suggestions on who will work with me being that i don't have a large book? i want to be competitive but getting appointed seems to be very difficult

So far all i have access to
Progressive
Global Hawk
Topa
National Indemnity.

Last edited:
You'll want to get contracted with Prime Insurance company, based out of Utah I believe. They will write the higher risk auto coverage when others won't touch it. I'm not sure what their book size or # of required submissions are. At the very least, get with a broker who has access to them.

You'll want to get contracted with Prime Insurance company, based out of Utah I believe. They will write the higher risk auto coverage when others won't touch it. I'm not sure what their book size or # of required submissions are. At the very least, get with a broker who has access to them.

Be careful with Prime.

While they will write pretty much anything.. their forms are very restricting on some classes.

For instance I wrote some livery auto with them and it had a PER occurrence PER PERSON deductible.. that's right.

So if there was an accident with two people involved they were hit with 3 deductibles before coverage kicked in.

being E&S they can write any manuscript form they want.

they are certainly not the go to company from a coverage stand point.

I need some help. I'm trying to tap into the transportation / trucking industry but don't have access to a lot of markets. Currently doing CA but want to expand into other states. Any suggestions on who will work with me being that i don't have a large book? i want to be competitive but getting appointed seems to be very difficult

So far all i have access to
Progressive
Global Hawk
Topa
National Indemnity.

Believe it or not, Progressive is decent with transportation. I wrote a $16,000 transportation policy with Flo the other day.

Back