Trucking / Transportation Industry

Jul 21, 2015

1. CA All Day

CA All Day New Member

I need some help. I'm trying to tap into the transportation / trucking industry but don't have access to a lot of markets. Currently doing CA but want to expand into other states. Any suggestions on who will work with me being that i don't have a large book? i want to be competitive but getting appointed seems to be very difficult

So far all i have access to
    Progressive
    Global Hawk
    Topa
    National Indemnity.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  2. Indiana_Adam

Indiana_Adam Guru

State:
    Indiana
    You'll want to get contracted with Prime Insurance company, based out of Utah I believe. They will write the higher risk auto coverage when others won't touch it. I'm not sure what their book size or # of required submissions are. At the very least, get with a broker who has access to them.

3. Matt37

Matt37 Super Genius

State:
    Florida
    Be careful with Prime.

While they will write pretty much anything.. their forms are very restricting on some classes.

For instance I wrote some livery auto with them and it had a PER occurrence PER PERSON deductible.. that's right.

So if there was an accident with two people involved they were hit with 3 deductibles before coverage kicked in.

being E&S they can write any manuscript form they want.

they are certainly not the go to company from a coverage stand point.

Matt37, Jul 22, 2015
  4. ncagent83

ncagent83 Expert

State:
    North Carolina
    Believe it or not, Progressive is decent with transportation. I wrote a $16,000 transportation policy with Flo the other day.