True Insanity.............

Tkruger

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nationwide
So I get a call from a client from the 2015 enrollment stating that she had major issues with the carrier she had this year and opted to go with another carrier for 2016.

She stated that she called HC.gov and the rep told her she could switch to this other carrier in her area. Client is a heavy useage consumer and mentioned having a neck surgery pending in January.

I asked her if the Navigator looked up Dr and scripts to which she stated no. So I asked if it would be ok for me to review the carrier and her app on HC.gov to which she stated yes.

In reviewing her application the Navigator failed to set her as smoking status. Didn't look up Dr.'s or scripts.

When I told her that her plan was going to be $ 221 per month vs. the $ 96 she was quoted by the Navigator she hit the roof accusing me of trying to put the screws to her. I tried to explain the error but this client just flipped out.

I tried to move on to the Dr. search part which I eventually was able to do. In searching for her Neurologist I found he was out of network for the new carrier that HC.gov set her up with. This was especially not good because she planned for a year to get this surgery finally taken care of. I tried to explain it to her and I realized I had more intelligent conversations with walls.

In the end I get another call from her telling me that she contacted the new carrier and they stated that the Neurologist was in network. She told me to cancel everything that I had done to keep her with her current coverage.

I asked for the number so I could call. Low and behold the CS agent stated he was in network but not for on exchange based plans.

I tried to call her back last night to re-explain things to her for her own well being.

Then I realized something....I've given enough to try to help this person whom clearly was going to be a problem on going and in the end a loss to to having to be heavily involved.

How many clients have you decided to just cut loose?

Not that many. Maybe 1 a year over the last 5 years or so. Could be more like 1.5.

But if I were in a cutting mood, this woman would be number one on my list. Frankly, I would not have gone as far as you did before saying sayonara.

I am about to stop taking new ones and just handle the ones I have as a courtesy. They are more trouble than they are worth right now. They are heavy on the servicing, light on commissions and don't value what I provide.

Tkruger, I bet she will be calling you up January 25th, then will freak out that it won't go into effect until March but needs the surgery now.

Last edited:
I am about to stop taking new ones and just handle the ones I have as a courtesy. They are more trouble than they are worth right now. They are heavy on the servicing, light on commissions and don't value what I provide.

Quoted for truth!
I've hit a wall with these subsidy people. All they want to do is bitch, complain and argue. Not worth it.
And, last OE, by about April, about 30% had quit paying their premium.

Tkruger, I bet she will be calling you up January 25th, then will freak out that it won't go into effect until March but needs the surgery now.

I'm going to do exactly what you're doing too - I stopped taking new subsidy business this year and have tossed all who called to another rep who said she was interested in growing her business. My own people & long time clients I'm working with & have told them I'd continue going forward if I continue to be paid by the carriers (commissions may go away eventually and I've told them I can't do social work).

***UPDATE***Re: True Insanity.............

This person filed a complaint with my state DOI against me regarding completely fabricated chain of events.

Best part the initial call from said x-client was inbound and the calls are recorded message was played prior to the initial conversation.

That said call recordings tell a much different story. Now just to figure out how to securely provide said calls to the DOI for their review.

Just another important reason to record call calls.

I cut for less. Six person family, you know the drill, click-spin for every question for all six even when mom/dad are the only ones covered.

We already had her app done, eligibility, etc. She was stuck on plan choice. Gave her time, last night she wants to enroll, can't log in, she said she got in Monday night and wanted to see the plans again, but stopped when it started asking her personal info again... yep, she launched the app. That killed the eligibility, now the entire app needed to be gone through again.

I wished her well and told her to log in and go through it and enroll herself. Tada, see ya. She caused a similar last minute issue last year.

Re: ***UPDATE***Re: True Insanity.............

This person filed a complaint with my state DOI against me regarding completely fabricated chain of events.

Best part the initial call from said x-client was inbound and the calls are recorded message was played prior to the initial conversation.

That said call recordings tell a much different story. Now just to figure out how to securely provide said calls to the DOI for their review.

Just another important reason to record call calls.

People are stupid, sucks you have to go through that. Last year I helped a woman pick out a plan and told her that platinum would be best because she was going to hit her max OOP in the first few months of the year. Because of the problems with DC's health exchange online apps, told her to call them and apply over the phone, then add me as the agent afterwards. She sent me an email back threatening to file a complaint since I "didn't do anything to help her" and shouldn't be paid a commission because the exchange would be doing all of the work. Apparently she thought I was just trying to sell her the most expensive plan because it would generate the biggest commission for me, not because of her health needs which were claims in excess of $20k per year. Of course, she doesn't know that I get the same whopper of $15.75/month (literally, one whopper) regardless of plan. She never filed the complaint.

So I get a call from a client from the 2015 enrollment stating that she had major issues with the carrier she had this year and opted to go with another carrier for 2016.

She stated that she called HC.gov and the rep told her she could switch to this other carrier in her area. Client is a heavy useage consumer and mentioned having a neck surgery pending in January.

I asked her if the Navigator looked up Dr and scripts to which she stated no. So I asked if it would be ok for me to review the carrier and her app on HC.gov to which she stated yes.

In reviewing her application the Navigator failed to set her as smoking status. Didn't look up Dr.'s or scripts.

When I told her that her plan was going to be $ 221 per month vs. the $ 96 she was quoted by the Navigator she hit the roof accusing me of trying to put the screws to her. I tried to explain the error but this client just flipped out.

I tried to move on to the Dr. search part which I eventually was able to do. In searching for her Neurologist I found he was out of network for the new carrier that HC.gov set her up with. This was especially not good because she planned for a year to get this surgery finally taken care of. I tried to explain it to her and I realized I had more intelligent conversations with walls.

In the end I get another call from her telling me that she contacted the new carrier and they stated that the Neurologist was in network. She told me to cancel everything that I had done to keep her with her current coverage.

I asked for the number so I could call. Low and behold the CS agent stated he was in network but not for on exchange based plans.

I tried to call her back last night to re-explain things to her for her own well being.

Then I realized something....I've given enough to try to help this person whom clearly was going to be a problem on going and in the end a loss to to having to be heavily involved.

Cut loose a bunch!

Back