Trump - Insurance

NuUzr

Guru
100+ Post Club
So, with President Trump signing a bill that removes 'states lines' when selling insurance - how will this affect FE?

It's not a bill, it's an executive order and it was signed today, 10/12/17.

It took me a while but I was able to find the text of the order at:

Presidential Executive Order Promoting Healthcare Choice and Competition Across the United States

I suggest everybody READ it before commenting on it and not rely on the news releases.

If FE refers to Final Expense policies, there is nothing in the text of the order that even remotely suggests that the order has anything to do with FE policies.

You can sell across state lines now. You just license in each state.

That selling across state lines bs is political wishful thinking. It’s not going to be the big fix they envision.

Get health insurance completely away from employers. That will be the begining of fixing the system. Everyone should have full access to all plans and buy as individuals. Tieing the best plans to employment has always been a huge part of the problem.

Lose your job, lose your health insurance. Has that ever made sense to anyone?

Employer pays a huge premium for you so you can feel like you get it free or cheap? Why do we need that? Just pay the money to the employee and let him pay his own premium.

Employers being in the insurance business has always been a backwards concept to me. And it has always been a huge part of the screwup of our healthcare insurance system.

You can sell across state lines now. You just license in each state.

That selling across state lines bs is political wishful thinking. It’s not going to be the big fix they envision.

Get health insurance completely away from employers. That will be the begining of fixing the system. Everyone should have full access to all plans and buy as individuals. Tieing the best plans to employment has always been a huge part of the problem.

Lose your job, lose your health insurance. Has that ever made sense to anyone?

Employer pays a huge premium for you so you can feel like you get it free or cheap? Why do we need that? Just pay the money to the employee and let him pay his own premium.

Employers being in the insurance business has always been a backwards concept to me. And it has always been a huge part of the screwup of our healthcare insurance system.
The properly licensed agent can sell "across state lines" but he cannot sell a product that is not available in that state.. They are trying to say that now you can buy a NJ product in TN if you think the premium, benefits, etc.

This is a disaster . This means co's and associations will be able to exploit states with weak protections and weak insurers buying business. So for instance new york state co's which have little choice as few insurers there will be able to shop in other states. This means fly by night co's will get licensed in lax states and buy business knowing they won't last. Why do you think every other industrialized nation has a medicare type system were all are insured and pay into it?Its the only way to make health insurance work. Every person in the country (wether sick or in good health) must pay into the system,. Insurance co's must excluded from health ins.I've been on both sides of health ins as self employed and having employer benefits. The truth is when you have employer benefits you want no changes as it great. When your self employed you want a medicare type system

The properly licensed agent can sell "across state lines" but he cannot sell a product that is not available in that state.. They are trying to say that now you can buy a NJ product in TN if you think the premium, benefits, etc.

Would you want to buy a Kentucky Health Insurance Plan if you lived in California? There would be no network.

That would be nice if you just had a license once in your licensed for all 50 states, that would be a big huge plus. But it’s not going to change much because the companies that want to sell all 50 states now are licensed in all 50 states. It’s just a huge hassle to do it.

Would you want to buy a Kentucky Health Insurance Plan if you lived in California? There would be no network.

That would be nice if you just had a license once in your licensed for all 50 states, that would be a big huge plus. But it’s not going to change much because the companies that want to sell all 50 states now are licensed in all 50 states. It’s just a huge hassle to do it.
Kentucky health insurance plan? What would that be? A quart jar of shine and a band-aide?:)

Kentucky health insurance plan? What would that be? A quart jar of shine and a band-aide?:)
Kentuckians use kerosene. If you chop a finger off you just dip it in kerosene and stick it back together wrap tape around it. I know Kentuckians that swear that kerosene will fix anything that goes wrong with you.

And no JD is not my source on this.

This is a disaster . This means co's and associations will be able to exploit states with weak protections and weak insurers buying business. So for instance new york state co's which have little choice as few insurers there will be able to shop in other states. This means fly by night co's will get licensed in lax states and buy business knowing they won't last. Why do you think every other industrialized nation has a medicare type system were all are insured and pay into it?Its the only way to make health insurance work. Every person in the country (wether sick or in good health) must pay into the system,. Insurance co's must excluded from health ins.I've been on both sides of health ins as self employed and having employer benefits. The truth is when you have employer benefits you want no changes as it great. When your self employed you want a medicare type system

Besides the problem that it is very difficult to read your post, due to the horrible grammar/spelling and incomplete sentences, etc., I disagree with every single thing I think you are trying to say.

If there were a way to "thumbs down" your post, I would be first in line. Socialized medicine, AKA "Medicare for everybody," is a terrible idea. Look at the catastrophic consequences for Canadians and Britons, for example -- waiting months for cancer treatments, piled up in parking lots in ambulances, and so on.

Crossing state lines may be slightly helpful, and the whole system needs to be reinvigorated with competition -- but your damned Obama-like dictator crap ("every person MUST pay into the system") is just more centralized government control that fails just about every time it's tried.

What the hell ever happened to liberty? Freedom? Individual choices? Huh??

Back