Trumpcare Marketing Plan

SamIam

Guru
1000 Post Club
I was speaking to this one agent who decided to start spending a lot of money on marketing now that Trump is elected. It doesn't make sense to me because if O'care gets repealed this year and that is a big if we don't know it's going to be more profitable for us, it could be worse.

Am I missing the boat on this?

It is not something Trump can walk in and one day one repeal, has to go through congress, etc. to do that. Without 60 vote majority means have to get 7 or more democrats to vote for it which will be an uphill battle. Secondly, republicans know that not only must a replacement (or modifications to O'care) be very good or it will be a long, long time before another R is in oval office. Here is a report from Raymond James I got today attached..

Attachments

• iHea111516b_210912.pdf
    523.8 KB · Views: 64
It is not something Trump can walk in and one day one repeal, has to go through congress, etc. to do that. Without 60 vote majority means have to get 7 or more democrats to vote for it which will be an uphill battle. Secondly, republicans know that not only must a replacement (or modifications to O'care) be very good or it will be a long, long time before another R is in oval office. Here is a report from Raymond James I got today attached..

Turn about's fair play. Take those same Dems in the back room and twist their arms like O'bama and Reid did to them to "sneak" O'bamacare through.:yes:

Turn about's fair play. Take those same Dems in the back room and twist their arms like O'bama and Reid did them to "sneak" O'bamacare through.:yes:

Yup.. just not sure Ryan and McConnell have the testicular fortitude or screw you attitude Reid and Pelosi have/had...

Republican Senate has two ways to repeal Obamacrap with a simple majority.

Include it as a budget reconciliation which defunds the law.

Change the rules for repeal requiring only a simple majority. Harry Reid did it to change fillibuster rules. Could be done for this as well.

I wonder how this would work during the transition?
Will people with no insurance or STM be covered day 1?

Tom Price, Trump's Pick For HHS, Has An Obamacare Alternative In Mind : Shots - Health News : NPR

People with existing medical conditions couldn't be denied coverage under Price's plan as long as they had continuous insurance for 18 months prior to selecting a new policy. If they didn't, then they could be denied coverage for that condition for up to 18 months after buying a new plan.

Back