Trusted Choice Independent Insurance Agents

Thoughts on Trusted Choice Independent Insurance Agents membership. Advantages? Worth the money for Indiana agents? Resources provided? Trying to decide if it's even worth the investment as a young agent in our family agency to join or a waist of money.

There are many benefits to joining the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America. Your membership is co-extensive for the Indiana state association, national association, and Trusted Choice. You also get free access to their Virtual University which includes thousands of pages of articles and information and access to their "Ask an Expert" service for coverage and claims questions and questions about agency management, sales, service, and automation issues. Go to independentagent.com under the Contact link and access your Indiana association for more information.

Thoughts on Trusted Choice Independent Insurance Agents membership. Advantages? Worth the money for Indiana agents? Resources provided? Trying to decide if it's even worth the investment as a young agent in our family agency to join or a waist of money.

I've also wondered

I joined the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of New York for $550 so I could get a wooden sign for my wall.

There was some promo to include the Trusted Choice Logo on ads to get reimbursed a percentage. There were discounts on CE and some classes.

I did not renew because I called on them for help with a major commission problem with a carrier to see if they had anything to suggest or someone or somewhere to refer me. I got zero help and they really did not care, when I thought they were there to help the IA.

But they had no problem calling and emailing when I did not write a check the following year.

In CT, somewhat helpful resource. There is a difference between Trusted Choice and Big I state associations, and confusion that they have created themselves.

Back