Trying to Apply to Take Life + Health Test

michael815

Hey everyone,

This is my first post on Insurance Forums so I thought I would come here to get some helpful advice.

To try and make my question as easy as possible to ask I will try my best to summarize my current position.

I live in Louisiana, I currently have my Property + Casualty license, and I have applied to schedule my Life and Health exam through the NIPR website where my state has to review my application in order to let me register to take the L+H exam.

The only concern I have is that I currently work for a company where I do not need a L+H license, but I am in the process of changing my career and going into insurance sales with a reputable company.

With that being said, when I obtained my P+C license, I was currently working with a local State Farm agent so everything went fine in obtaining my P+C license.

Do I have to be currently employed with an Insurance company in order for me to take my L+H exam? Or could anyone take the exam as long as they meet the pre-licensing requirements?

I understand every state is different, and I wold appreciate any advice I could get.

Thank you!

No you don't have to be employed in a Life\Health\Accident job to sit for your Life, Accident and Health Exam.

Study the materials and pay for it yourself. You'll be good to go.

Welcome to the Forum!

Back