Trying to Create an Insurance Sales Site

GilsInsurance

Hi I have been in insurance sales for almost three years now and I am sick and tired of working for a broker that makes all the money while I sit in a call center and make a crappy salary. I want to start simple with internet health sales with several companies and then expand. I have my 2-15 resident license in FL and about 15 other non-res. Please someone help me with these questions.

If I sound like a moron sorry but I am new to the industry and want to make it my career. I have been in sales for 16 years and it is what I love to do.

Can I be an independent and run the site?
Do I need to be under a broker?
Will I need any other licenses besides my 2-15?

Last edited:
Hi I have been in insurance sales for almost three years now and I am sick and tired of working for a broker that makes all the money while I sit in a call center and make a crappy salary. I want to start simple with internet health sales with several companies and then expand. I have my 2-15 resident license in FL and about 15 other non-res. Please someone help me with these question.

If I sound like a moron sorry but I am new to the industry and want to make it my career. I have been in sales for 16 years and it is what I love to do.

Soooooooo what is your question? I did not see a question. I saw some frustration with your current employment situation in your post but no questions.

I will guess that you want to know about creating an "insurance sales site." The best thing for you to do is to google what you want. Google "Insurance websites" or "Websites for insurance brokers" and you will find what you need.

You're welcome.

Soooooooo what is your question? I did not see a question. I saw some frustration with your current employment situation in your post but no questions.

I will guess that you want to know about creating an "insurance sales site." The best thing for you to do is to google what you want. Google "Insurance websites" or "Websites for insurance brokers" and you will find what you need.

You're welcome.

Well, maybe not. I Initially searched for insurance websites. It was an eye opening experience. Cookie cutter website templates for $399 a pop. Wow. That is really going to set an agent apart. How can an agent go into sales on their own if they just look like and smell like every other cookie cutter agent. Hire a designer. Build a unique site from scratch from the ground up.

Well, maybe not. I Initially searched for insurance websites. It was an eye opening experience. Cookie cutter website templates for $399 a pop. Wow. That is really going to set an agent apart. How can an agent go into sales on their own if they just look like and smell like every other cookie cutter agent. Hire a designer. Build a unique site from scratch from the ground up.

Or just have access to the proper resources.... :cool:

but really though.... to answer your question now that you know the INSURANCE SALES portion you need to learn the website part. Hopefully that makes it simple enough.

There are plenty of resources out there. If you are truly interested in creating a quality website, your first step should be to research quality websites and study them. Learn to search the web and try to understand the way it is organized. There are better resources than this forum. go on look....

Last edited:
Or just have access to the proper resources.... :cool:

but really though.... to answer your question now that you know the INSURANCE SALES portion you need to learn the website part. Hopefully that makes it simple enough.

There are plenty of resources out there. If you are truly interested in creating a quality website, your first step should be to research quality websites and study them. Learn to search the web and try to understand the way it is organized. There are better resources than this forum. go on look....

You have a nice website & it is good to see an agent with a BBB rating of A.
The only thing I'd add, is a staff directory with links like this company does here: Chappell, Smith & Associates, Inc. dba CS&A Insurance | Our Staff

This company networks, blogs & produces a lot of content. A good friend of mine used to work there is how I got familiar with their site. Cool pics here: May – Photo of the Month « Clear on Top

Also, if you are ever lucky enough to get offered a ride in one of these, take it! Stearman Bi-plane: Aviation romantique et vol en biplan Stearman sur le bassin d'Arcachon - YouTube!
Hopefully this give folks some good/new ideas on what they can do with their own website:idea:

I'm confused. Are you John or Raphael? Even if you are a one man shop, why not have your name and maybe a picture on your website? When I go to a website, i want to know who I'm dealing with.

I do like your website design. Very nice indeed.

Back