Trying to Hold On! Need Help

Here I am again! I haven't been doing so much for the past few months (newly licensed)because my husbands vacation and we've been lounging together, playing with the kids, building a garden, and being a family. I have so much passion for this industry, I really do believe in these products and the help they provide. But i just cant get myself to feel ok about spending some money getting leads. I know i can be a great sales person, I just need a mentor and frankly i don't know if i can get one. I need someone to chat with for prospecting ideas and just plain advice on getting on my feet. .:no:
Dont be mean please!;)

Here I am again! I haven't been doing so much for the past few months (newly licensed)because my husbands vacation and we've been lounging together, playing with the kids, building a garden, and being a family. I have so much passion for this industry, I really do believe in these products and the help they provide. But i just cant get myself to feel ok about spending some money getting leads. I know i can be a great sales person, I just need a mentor and frankly i don't know if i can get one. I need someone to chat with for prospecting ideas and just plain advice on getting on my feet. .:no:
Dont be mean please!;)

You could buy a list of names from Josh. $69 for 1,000 names. You can call the scrubbed names and door knock the rest. I have a feeling that you'd be good at the door. That's a lot less money. What state are you in? There might be someone near you that would let you do a ride-a-long. Good luck!

Affordable Marketing Lists | Compare us to Sales Genie

Dont be mean please!;)

Not being mean, but seriously??? First you say you haven't been doing much because of vacation, gardens, kids, family, etc. In the next sentence you say you have PASSION for the industry?

When you choose to take MONTHS (not weeks) for all the stuff you mentioned, you are unlikely to gain any business traction nor are you likely to attract a mentor who would invest time and energy into helping you.

I'm being candid, not mean.

Not being mean, but seriously??? First you say you haven't been doing much because of vacation, gardens, kids, family, etc. In the next sentence you say you have PASSION for the industry? When you choose to take MONTHS (not weeks) for all the stuff you mentioned, you are unlikely to gain any business traction nor are you likely to attract a mentor who would invest time and energy into helping you. I'm being candid, not mean.

What you described is avoidance behavior. We all have good reasons for not doing what we should be doing. Why did you get your license? Do you have any experience at all?

Sounds like you have a passion for being a wife, mother and homemaker. If you had a passion this industry and helping people you would be all over buying leads as those are people asking for help.

You can still make money doing this. Set some goals, write them down then set out to achieve them. Get hubby to help which will lead to his support.

Good Luck!

GOLLINI52 : Your awesome thank you ! yes that sounds like something i would be comfortable spending to start. ill PM you tomorrow (me and the broncos have a date lol) (colts fan)

xrac your absolutely right! You get what im trying to say. No i dont have experience my father is a sales man has been for over 20 yrs (cars) and has done well. Since i was a kid my dad has talked to me about sales and iv grown a passion for it although i haven't done it myself. I was browsing through some adds and i saw life insurance sales, And for me it was super exciting learning about it and thinking man i don't have to rip someone off to make a buck i can sell them something they need and not have to overcharge them to make money.

mustfastpitch-----of course i have a passion for being a mother and a wife. How could i not? What kind of a woman would i be if i didn't? But unfortunately it doesn't pay in cash and i WANT to make this work because i like the products. Thank you though for the good luck im going to need it lol.

Larry Tew i understand your not trying to be mean but looking at how many times you mentioned not being mean just candid; You know it sounds kinda mean lol. All in all i don't think you took my post like it was supposed to be taken. My thing is i want this career to work out for me. I love insurance products and have a passion for what they can do for people. But i haven't started yet and want to speak to people that kinda take me for the right path to becoming a sales woman. Let me EXPRESS this , i completely understand how hard this industry can be and im not acting like iv been out there for years and need help. MORE LIKE WHERE CAN I START. I don't have a lot of money to spend which is why im not all over the leads. I honestly feel like i don't want to leave my family struggling because i took from the budget to buy leads that didn't work. Which is why i need help.

Where are you located and what niche are you looking to get into...the board will need that info to try and find you a mentor.

Your should be you're......add should be ad......lol should be eliminated from everyone's vocabulary.......i should be I......ill should be i'll........iv should be i've.....im should be i'm......kinda should be banned......ALL CAPS should be banned......you shouldn't start sentences with the word But.......MORE LIKE WHERE CAN I START isn't a sentence......your last sentence isn't a sentence.

Your name is Lorraine12 and you convey yourself like a 12 year old girl instead of a woman who is seeking a career in sales. If you really want a career in this field, you have to change your outlook and get serious.

I'm sorry for the candor but sometimes it's necessary.

Back