Trying to Improve my Cold Calling Method!

mexilent

Greetings to all

I am new to the industry and I am a producer for Farmers. I have been cold calling folks off lead lists. Here is a the verbiage I am using when calling...I have had a few bites but I am questioning my tactic when calling...here is what I am using as a script

" Hello is the yada yada residence...My name is yada yada w/Farmers Ins and I'm just calling to see if I can schedule some time with you folks and go over your current home & auto policies so I can quote you w/Farmers to see if I can save you money on your premiums...I want to make sure you are adequately covered and protect your assets"

from there I either book an appt or not...

I am new to the industry and I am just looking for methods to improve my approach and get constructive criticism from experienced folks...any suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated...Thank you to all!

Ouch.

"Hi, I'm ____ with Farmers insurance. I'm calling you today because we have some great rates in your area. Would you like to spend 10 minutes sometime this week to get a free quote to see how much I can help you save?"

Ouch.

"Hi, I'm ____ with Farmers insurance. I'm calling you today because we have some great rates in your area. Would you like to spend 10 minutes sometime this week to get a free quote to see how much I can help you save?"

Much better you should charge for this.

I recommend a slight change to emphasize that you're local and that you'd like to compete for their business.

"Hi, I'm ____ with Farmers insurance here in (city) off of (give cross streets). I'm calling you today because we have some great rates in your area and I'd like the opportunity to compete for your insurance business. I want to spend 10 minutes sometime this week to give you a free quote to see if it would be in your best interest to switch your insurance business to me. If it doesn't make sense, we'll both know it and we'll part on friendly terms. Does that sound like it would be worth 10 minutes to find out?"

This is a little more direct, more power and authority behind your words... so as long as you can deliver it with conviction, and the emphasis that it needs to be in their best interest to switch their business to you... I think you'll show that you're a go-getter, as long as it makes sense for the client.

Ouch. "Hi, I'm ____ with Farmers insurance. I'm calling you today because we have some great rates in your area. Would you like to spend 10 minutes sometime this week to get a free quote to see how much I can help you save?"

Agreed about charging for this! Good thing Josh works for free ;)

The key to cold calling scripts is to get the point across in less than 30 seconds. It's fine to have a longer script but you need to get the reason for the call out right away.

I don't know what Farmer's rates are in your area but Farmers in my area is not cheap and selling based on price is something I would not even bother to concentrate on. It would be something else than rates.

I appreciate the feedback!!
Go door knock.

A farmers guy pays me $23 per hour plus 4 dollars a lead to canvass for him in the evenings and on Saturdays.

I turn in an average of 40 leads a week working only 15-20 yrs.

I've found people are more willing to give me all their info and D.O.B's at the door than on the phone.

Go door knock.

A farmers guy pays me $23 per hour plus 4 dollars a lead to canvass for him in the evenings and on Saturdays.

I turn in an average of 40 leads a week working only 15-20 yrs.

I've found people are more willing to give me all their info and D.O.B's at the door than on the phone.

Ya, but who seriously wants to for knock all day?

Back