Trying to Improve my Cold Calling Method!

The highest income earners in this country do not door knock.

I'm sure you're right. A lot of folks aren't necessarily trying to become the 1%.

What Percent Are You? - Real Time Economics - WSJ

According to the WSJ more 50% of Americans make less than $28,000/year. If someone is in that bucket and by working hard can get themselves up to $50k/year or $75k/year that's double and tripling their income respectively.

We live in a great country where, for the most part, if you're willing to work hard you can make more money. More importantly, for most people, it's not about making the most money, it's about doing what they want to be doing. I met some guys this week that are working really hard on building a company. They are young guys that quit good jobs ($70k/year) and are currently making a lot less "not working for the man" and building something they want to be building.

For a lot of new agents, one in Indiana comes to mind, they start off doing something they don't want to be doing to build up money for something they want to be doing; in this case he started off doing his own cold calling, then got a telemarketer, then got direct mail leads. In his situation, cold calling was a stepping stone. I know another agent that clears $150k/year off of door knocking. Could he do better doing something else? Maybe, but he's working a system that's working for him and has been doing it for years. In most parts of this country if you're clearing anything over $100k and enjoy what you're doing that means you don't have any financial problems and you are happy with the way you're spending your time.

In most parts of this country if you're clearing anything over $100k and enjoy what you're doing that means you don't have any financial problems and you are happy with the way you're spending your time.

You must not know a lot of people clearing $100,000 per year.

If you're making over $100k/year and still have financial problems, they're self-imposed.

The highest income earners in this country do not door knock.

Agreed. The highest earners don't door knock... but you've got to prime the business pump in some way, especially if you are broke yourself!

But if you've got $20k or so of available capital to invest in your business, by all means - parlay it into a greater return.

I believe (and know) that door knocking is the best way to get yourself launched. But to stay there? No... you shouldn't be doing it past 1 year at the latest, in my opinion.

Agreed. The highest earners don't door knock... but you've got to prime the business pump in some way, especially if you are broke yourself!

But if you've got $20k or so of available capital to invest in your business, by all means - parlay it into a greater return.

I believe (and know) that door knocking is the best way to get yourself launched. But to stay there? No... you shouldn't be doing it past 1 year at the latest, in my opinion.

I agree with just about everything, except if you're broke you shouldn't enter the business or you'll be in for a rude awakening.

----------

Not really. At $20k/year making ends meet is a real problem, by $100k/year not so much.

If you're only making $20,000 per year, that is what you would call "self imposed".

Agreed... but there are different definitions of "broke".

If you're "Food stamp" broke... yeah, that rude awakening is happening.

If you've got some savings to keep your family afloat for a few months... it's probably better to invest sweat equity initially... as long as you have something solid to market. If not... that rude awakening will still happen... just a little later.

In both cases, without solid training... you're heading into the path towards the "House of Pain".

Precision Launch Newsletter

Back