Trying To Make Decision On Starting A Career In Insurance

wolfe42

Expert
Hello,

My name is Dave and I am having trouble for the last 3 months deciding if selling insurance is the way of the future for me.

I was wondering if someone would be willing to take about 10-15 mins to talk on the phone with me about this decision.

Thanks
Dave Wolfe
304-838-1382

Last edited:
Hello,

My name is Dave and I am having trouble for the last 3 months deciding if selling insurance is the way of the future for me.

I was wondering if someone would be willing to take about 10-15 mins to talk on the phone with me about this decision.

Thanks
Dave Wolfe
304-838-1382

I would be happy to speak to you about the industry. I am a P&C agent in Florida if that gives you some additional info. Email me at [email protected] and I will give you my number.

Hello, My name is Dave and I am having trouble for the last 3 months deciding if selling insurance is the way of the future for me. I was wondering if someone would be willing to take about 10-15 mins to talk on the phone with me about this decision. Thanks Dave Wolfe 304-838-1382

What type of insurance are you considering?

If he is interested he can dial a number.

I don't think that is any of your business.

ah, i get it, its an ego thing, you gotta make yourself feel like a newbie is calling the God of insurance who knows it all.

Makes sense.

Probably wanted to make sure its the same line of business before he called

a med supp, P & C , Life , Maj Med,

can be vary dif types of buis and structure
No sense in wasting a call if it does not apply

More over if some one really wants help they should at least be willing to take a step instead of waiting for a hand out

Insurance is not a business to "try" it will chew you up and spit you out with the scars to show you how bad ass it is. Now, if you've got on your running shoes and are willing to RUN for 12-36 months balls to the wall, then yes can be successful.

If you are not willing to do things that are uncomfortable, cold calling, door knocking, project 200, asking for referrals, building relationships with providers, and if you can't take rejection, well it is a long road.

However, if you can push through that time period or until you get some momentum, there is no other business like insurance. We get to earn a living helping others.

Insurance is not a business to "try" it will chew you up and spit you out with the scars to show you how bad ass it is. Now, if you've got on your running shoes and are willing to RUN for 12-36 months balls to the wall, then yes can be successful.

If you are not willing to do things that are uncomfortable, cold calling, door knocking, project 200, asking for referrals, building relationships with providers, and if you can't take rejection, well it is a long road.

However, if you can push through that time period or until you get some momentum, there is no other business like insurance. We get to earn a living helping others.

If a person is having trouble deciding on an insurance career it is probably not for them.

Back