Trying to understand the Medicare / MA sales process

LauraC83

Hi - I'm doing some basic research on how seniors select an MA plan and hoping to talk to 10-20 brokers (captive and independent) about their experience. To compensate you for your time and assistance I can offer a $50 Amazon gift card.

Topics I'm interested in are:
- How much time do you spend with a client. Are they typically talking to one broker or several
- When does the decision process start for a 64 y/o? For a potential switcher?
- Have you worked with provider groups for leads and if so in what ways
- How the process differs for captive and independent brokers
- Your take on the online direct sales models out there

All general questions - I'm not looking for anything proprietary.

Please let me know if you're interested and thanks so much for the help!

I work with independent physician groups and they're interested in evaluating in more detail whether or not and how they'd play a role in the MA marketing process. The information would just be shared in a conclusion form of "Here is how you could (or couldn't) fit into the general MA process in conjunction with brokers" and how the process works overall.

I work with independent physician groups and they're interested in evaluating in more detail whether or not and how they'd play a role in the MA marketing process.

Well to start with, I really don't think they can.

Well to start with, I really don't think they can.
I've heard that practices host "get to know our practice events" and then after a "compliance break" a broker also gives a presentation. I've also heard about front office staff wearing buttons and having signs that say "ask me about MA" and they explain MA generally and then provide a form to fill out for additional info that goes to a broker. I'm aware that there are a lot of compliance rules around this but it does sound like that there are some ways practices can be involved.

I'm interested in pretty basic info that I'm currently trying to piece together from forums and blogs but would love the opportunity to talk through with a few people first hand. You can of course decline to answer any questions you like. Please let me know where or message me if you're willing to have a quick call. Thanks so much!

Back