Tubal Reversal

GetInsurance

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Michigan
Reversal of having her tubes tied. Are there any companies that cover this? I was trying to explain to somebody that it is an elective surgery and it won't be covered but they insist that someone else is showing them a company that can. They just "can't remember" the name of the company of course. Am I the one wrong here?

No one is paying for this. The company that 'can' is one of those boiler room scams that 'cover/accept all pre existing' Have them call me just to confirm so you can close the deal. I am happy to help you out.

Re: Tubal Reversal Insurance

Whether your insurance company will reimburse you for the all or some of the costs of a tubal reversal depends upon both your insurance carrier and particular insurance policy you have. Some insurance companies do provide coverage for tubal reversal surgery. To find out if you will be reimbursed for this procedure you will need to provide your insurance carrier with the diagnosis and procedure codes. The diagnosis code (ICD-9) for bilateral tubal occlusion is 628.2. The procedure code (CPT) for tubal anastomosis is 58750.

The following are real quotes from women on the Tubal Reversal Message Board

"I called my insurance (I have FEP)and just gave them the numbers (codes) to find out what would be reimbursed and they will reimburse 75% after the $250 deductible." Dreamweaver forums.tubal-reversal.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/2/758.html

"Some insurance companies will cover trs. It just depends. I have BC/BS of Alabama and they are paying 100% of mine." Angie

"Finally got an insurance that will cover the reversal. I now have a new job with insurance that will pay for the procedure" Shaun

Tammy, with a 2 year old tubal reversal baby, reports: "I have Blue Cross of Alabama and it paid for my tubal reversal."

Some patients have found that insurance will pay for all or part of their tubal ligation reversal. Each insurance plan is different and coverage is specific to each individual plan. It is certainly worth looking into.

Last edited:
My bet, the carriers paying for that are group plans. Can't imagine an individual carrier covering it. Really can't see how a group carrier can claim it is a medical necessity.

Heck if they are going to pay for reversing a tubal will they pay to reverse a circumcision?

You should tell your client to get a job at one of CITIBANK's call centers. They give benefits from day 1 with no exclusions for preexisting conditions just to keep the employees there.
Your TAX DOLLARS at work!

Back