Tubes Tied?

Golddoor

Guru
100+ Post Club
Texico
I have a female who is wanting individual health insurance and is planning on getting her tubes tied and was I was needing to know if any companies cover that procedure?

I have a female who is wanting individual health insurance and is planning on getting her tubes tied and was I was needing to know if any companies cover that procedure?
Any planned procedure would be a decline for insurance. Also, since this is a non-medically necessary treatment, it would not be covered.

However, any chance of getting her phone number?;)

Rick

Any planned procedure would be a decline for insurance. Also, since this is a non-medically necessary treatment, it would not be covered.

However, any chance of getting her phone number?;)

Rick

Why would you want her number? LOL She already has 4 kids I dont think you want to give her any more.

Typical American mindset "I need something done - time to shop for insurance and stick someone else with the bill"

I only get 50 of these calls per day... They think money grows on trees.

What plan is she on now........

She's not on one. She is 38 years old and never had health insurance. I am getting her 4 kids covered but she said she cant afford to insure herself as well. But then she asked "well Im getting my tubes tied some time in the next year. Will they cover that if I get covered myself?".

I know some group plans will. My wife is getting her's done and her company Aetna HMO plan approved her to get some new procedure thats being done instead of the full surgery. Supposed to be better than the old "Tubes Tied" method. And its reversible. I figured that the group plans probrably cover it because they cover maternity. They would much rather pay for that procedure than maternity charges!

Back