Tucker Advisory Pre-Set Appointments

CALTCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Anybody have the details on this?

The good, bad and ugly?

I get a call and they say they have pre-set and qualified appointments. I must split 50% and pay them $200 a month for the program.

Of course I ask how many?, are they guaranteed to set a certain amount?, how qualified?, etc. and I am met with no answers.

Usually the non guaranteed amount part with pre-set appointments is the problem.

I don't mind the split, but why do I pay $200 monthly for random amounts of apppointments?

The recruiter says how can they guarantee an amount, I say why should I pay then?

They say I can drive 45 minutes and at seminar meet with their CEO and get "the details".

Sounds like a cattle call and more BS to me.

Any info?

Thanks!

PS-I posted this accidentally in the Senior Section.

Last edited:
I hate to use the f word, but I consider that fraud.

The terms are set upfront. Agent pays the monthly fee and splits the deal. If the agent doesn't like the deal, then no one is making anyone sign anything, but that doesn't mean an agent should steal business. The entity that owns the client is the one that generates the lead.

CALTC, we've talked before. I know your position on things like this, at least as of the last time we spoke, and I think you shouldn't be considering this at all. You and I both know it's going to bother you to no end what their cut is and there is no excuse for defrauding them of what's rightfully theirs.

Just walk away from it. You already know it's $200/month and giving up half the action, what could possibly make you change your mind about hating that?

To answer your question about the $200/month, if an agent is serious about their career $200/month shouldn't amount to a hill of beans. That $200 demonstrates commitment on the part of the agent, helps filter out folks that don't have two nickels to rub together, and helps an agent realize the leads are worth something. Even if an agency charges a dollar for a lead an agent will treat it better than if they didn't have to pay anything for it. If they have confidence in their system, why shouldn't they charge agents to be a part of it?

well said! .............................

The terms are set upfront. Agent pays the monthly fee and splits the deal. If the agent doesn't like the deal, then no one is making anyone sign anything, but that doesn't mean an agent should steal business. The entity that owns the client is the one that generates the lead.

Have you seen the contract? Or are you just speculating on what you have read here on the terms?

CALTC, we've talked before. I know your position on things like this, at least as of the last time we spoke, and I think you shouldn't be considering this at all. You and I both know it's going to bother you to no end what their cut is and there is no excuse for defrauding them of what's rightfully theirs.

Who are you? I have NEVER spoken to you. I have seen you in some absolutely ridiculous arguements on here though.

Just walk away from it. You already know it's $200/month and giving up half the action, what could possibly make you change your mind about hating that?

I am looking for details. If you have nothing to add there, why do you post stupid stuff?

Last edited:
Have you seen the contract? Or are you just speculating on what you have read here on the terms?

I was taking you at your word when you said the deal was the agents pay $200/month and then they get half the action. If you're writing 50k for them and 50k for yourself in the example given that's them getting 25% of the action, not 50%.

Who are you? I have NEVER spoken to you.

My apologies on the confusion. I confused you with another Steve that I believe is in California.

I am looking for details. If you have nothing to add there, why do you post stupid stuff?

I believe pointing out that it's fraudulent to write business behind the back of your upline when you signed the dotted line agreeing to their terms is a contribution of value. There are a great deal of agents new and old that could find themselves in a similar situation and of all the ideas that this forum can get in someone's head I'd like to think that they would believe that stealing commissions is acceptable.

Again, my apologies for confusing you with another Steve that does LTC in California, but fraud is fraud.

Last edited:
I was taking you at your word when you said the deal was the agents pay $200/month and then they get half the action. If you're writing 50k for them and 50k for yourself in the example given that's them getting 25% of the action, not 50%.

What matters is whats in the contract. They would not reveal that to me. It may or may not be revealed later I suppose. Thats why I am on here looking to see if anybody knows.

My apologies on the confusion. I confused you with another Steve that I believe is in California.

OK, because I think we only posted a few times, never talked that I remember. Possibly an e-mail, if thats what you mean. I have read lots of your posts though. There are some interesting discussions.

I believe pointing out that it's fraudulent to write business behind the back of your upline when you signed the dotted line agreeing to their terms is a contribution of value. There are a great deal of agents new and old that could find themselves in a similar situation and of all the ideas that this forum can get in someone's head I'd like to think that they would believe that stealing commissions is acceptable.

I never signed or have seen anything in writing. I didn't even make the post suggesting that idea.

Again, my apologies for confusing you with another Steve that does LTC in California, but fraud is fraud.

Well I don't remember talking to you. I do remember posts by you and others getting into it a bit.

As far as fruad goes, I never suggested anything about fraud. I don't even know what the contract says. I would think they have something protecting themselves from writing annuities with other than their approved carriers. Once again, thats why I am here researching.

Last edited:
OK, because I think we only posted a few times, never talked that I remember. Possibly an e-mail, if thats what you mean. I have read lots of your posts though. There are some interesting discussions.

We've exchanged a few messages and ran across each other a few times on here, but I seriously thought you were another Steve in California that sells LTC. I spent a decent chunk of time talking to a guy about getting him on a similar lead program (no cost on the leads/ 50% comp) and he decided it wasn't for him because he couldn't get past the idea of client ownership. He wanted it to be his client and I believe that if I spend thousands of dollars generating leads then they are my clients. That's the reason for the tone and presumption above and I do apologize for that.

As far as fruad goes, I never suggested anything about fraud. I don't even know what the contract says. I would think they have something protecting themselves from writing annuities with other than their approved carriers. Once again, thats why I am here researching.

You did say "Good point!" when Rich said you could write business with another carrier and made the assertion that at some point it becomes your client and not theirs. Perhaps that was unintentional, but when someone says "you can take half the commissions elsewhere and keep them for yourself" and you say "good point", it looks an awful lot like you're agreeing with the suggested activity. I like the poster that suggested it, but I'm surprised as to why he would make that type of a comment. Absent Tucker saying point blank "yes you can sell on our leads and not pay us on it", that seems like a pretty clear breach of ethics.

We've exchanged a few messages and ran across each other a few times on here, but I seriously thought you were another Steve in California that sells LTC. I spent a decent chunk of time talking to a guy about getting him on a similar lead program (no cost on the leads/ 50% comp) and he decided it wasn't for him because he couldn't get past the idea of client ownership. He wanted it to be his client and I believe that if I spend thousands of dollars generating leads then they are my clients. That's the reason for the tone and presumption above and I do apologize for that.

Oh OK. Because I actually think it could be a very good deal to split the business. I don't like to pay a fee and get no guarantees though. Doesn't mean I'm right, could be a good deal and they want to screen out agents. Could also mean they give fewer leads to many agents and collect more in fees.

You did say "Good point!" when Rich said you could write business with another carrier and made the assertion that at some point it becomes your client and not theirs. Perhaps that was unintentional, but when someone says "you can take half the commissions elsewhere and keep them for yourself" and you say "good point", it looks an awful lot like you're agreeing with the suggested activity. I like the poster that suggested it, but I'm surprised as to why he would make that type of a comment. Absent Tucker saying point blank "yes you can sell on our leads and not pay us on it", that seems like a pretty clear breach of ethics.

I think you are reading into my "good point" statement. I just thought it was an interesting point. I had not even thought about what a contract might say. The guy at Tucker was so secretive about the details, I made no assumptions about what the contract may or may not restrict me.

Thinking about it though, I would think they would not allow that by contract. My personal feelings is that I would not do it even if it wasn't in a contract as I would want to keep a good relationship with a business partner so leads would keep coming.

I hate to use the f word, but I consider that fraud.

Maybe. Depends how the contract reads. Anyway, I was being sarcastic, but it didn't come across. I knew I should have used a disclaimer. I'll put one in now.

So you think if one were to write a 3-year myga, that the agent would have to write ALL future business on that client through that FMO? What about three years down the line when you rewrite?

The terms are set upfront. Agent pays the monthly fee and splits the deal. If the agent doesn't like the deal, then no one is making anyone sign anything, but that doesn't mean an agent should steal business.

I agree.

The entity that owns the client is the one that generates the lead.

I think this is what should be the determining factor. Can the lead generator later sell the client to another agent? Is this an agency or fmo deal?

I know agencies that set appointments and take 50% of the comp. Nothing wrong with it, and you can make a good living running appointments for 50%. But when you start talking comp plus cash, well that smells bad. Sounds like the beginning of a screw job. Which is why I posted the flipside of the coin.

He wanted it to be his client and I believe that if I spend thousands of dollars generating leads then they are my clients.

Ah! But aren't you getting compensated by the commissions? If it's a med supp, what guarantee does the agent have that you won't sell the client to another agent to rewrite?

Last edited:
Maybe. Depends how the contract reads. Anyway, I was being sarcastic, but it didn't come across. I knew I should have used a disclaimer. I'll put one in now.

I imagined as much, but with the thousands of people that read this forum, some are bound to get the wrong idea.

Ah! But aren't you getting compensated by the commissions?

...if they actually produce. If I added up all the money and effort I put on generating leads for agents and training them and would have just worked the leads myself I would have been a lot better off than recruiting. Frankly, I think that recruiters are taking a suckers bet to begin with, but that's just one man's opinion.

sounds like a rip to me. unless you have done preset appointments before and know what to expect, I dont recommend it. 98% the preset appointments from anyone( any company) will not be qualified. Ive worked with everyone of them. You want to give up half your comp, go work for a captive agency somewhere. IMO's make plenty of the business already 250-300 basis points.

Back