Tucker - TAG Avisory Group

honestagent

Guru
100+ Post Club
I am hoping, what if anything, good, bad, or indifferent, can anyone share about this outfit?

I participated in a webimar with them earlier today and I am 1/2 way sold.

They also do releases - in writing -Rick if you're reading this - I did watch for that!

I don't know much about this company but I can tell you that they are listed with the BBB with an A+ rating if that helps.

What are you looking for them to do for you?

What peaked your interest in the webinar?

When looking for a new group to work with you may want to ask what type of support system they have and how accessible they are if there is a question or problem.

Chris :1cute:

Hi. Thanks for the post. What am I looking from them you ask? To answer you, it's simple: the basic foundation we need with support - training when needed and a 'true go to person' that knows his/her stuff when we get cases.

I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation from an FMO, but for whatever odd reason, I have not found that yet - and I have I don't even know how many FMOs, sadly.

What peaked my interest was the presentation of the economy and how to still help those in need.

Thanks again for the reply and for the helpful hints. I appreciate them.

I don't know much about this company but I can tell you that they are listed with the BBB with an A+ rating if that helps.

What are you looking for them to do for you?

What peaked your interest in the webinar?

When looking for a new group to work with you may want to ask what type of support system they have and how accessible they are if there is a question or problem.

Chris :1cute:

Out of curiousity I went to their site. Turns out the are very clsoe to me. Looks to me that they have a sales book to use with your clients. Very old school.

Found it interesting listening to their radio show -- "you're not vested in you investments until you sell them; you securities aren't secure until you sell them.

As for BBB membership, that's a form of racketeering. Doesn't mean crap, other than they pay a few hundred a year to use a logo.

I'm coming to the conclusion that FMO come in three flavors:

The one's with little value.

The Next Greatest Marketing Concept

and solid case management. If you created a venn diagram, there would be little overlap.

I haven't a clue on who is good at case management.

TAG - the Evil Empire. Ed Shackleford, the owner, is a liar. From the day they recruited me, I received no service. One of the staff called me a liar when there was a miscommunication. Look them up at www.ripoffreport.com Others have had the same experience. Zip for support. Their mailing house is a sham and their presets stink.

I feel better now, thanks.

Rabbi, I think you are mistaken here. Karlan Tucker is the owner of Tucker Advisory Group, or TAG.

They are an annuity MGA. Karlan is a legitimate, straight shooting big hitter and has built a wholesale agency to help others do the same.

I absolutely love this forum; I don't know what I'd do without it. I am serious. I appreciate the bold replies!

With much gratitude! Thank you. :)

There are numerous FMO available for you to choose from, most of which have the same carriers. I have known agents that have used his system and done well and some that have not. The thing you have to realize is that not all systems are transferable, they truly depend on the type of agent you are.

I can get you a short list of some of the FMO's that some of the big hitters I know use, and a few website links.

Just shoot me an email at [email protected]
You have 5 posts and I think all of them invite people to contact you.

It appears to this agent that your purpose is to sell a system. I'm not accusing you, but perhaps full disclosure would be appropriate.

Rick

Rabbi, I think you are mistaken here. Karlan Tucker is the owner of Tucker Advisory Group, or TAG.

The Rabbi is referring to another TAG, better known than Tucker Advisory Group. I should say the infamous TAG; The Assurance Group out of North Carolina and formerly a Parker puppet.

You have 5 posts and I think all of them invite people to contact you.

It appears to this agent that your purpose is to sell a system. I'm not accusing you, but perhaps full disclosure would be appropriate.

Rick

No problem Rick, I understand

I have been on both side of the coin - life, annuity, and securities rep for about 9 years and a wholesaler for 3 different fmo's for about 5 years. I have been fortunate enough to gather some really great contacts and industry knowledge. I have also gather many lists from agents to fmo's.
I have had the opportunity to work with some pretty successful agents in the field and they have shared a wealth of knowledge.
I currently work for as a independent consultant for advisors, and I will gladly share what information that I can. Whatever direction it takes you the information is free.

Last edited:
Back