Turnaround Times For Blue Shield

JCK818

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hey guys, I'm a P&C guy but do cross sell Health and Life from time to time. I put in few apps through Blue Shield about 2-3 weeks ago. Still haven't heard a thing. THe clients haven't even been called to be questioned. Is this normal now days?

Re: Turnaround Times

I have 5 apps with Blue Shield of California that were submitted in Dec that still haven't finalized.
Because Anthem was blacked out in California for 4 months, Blue Shield was swamped with apps.
Now that Anthem is back selling in Ca, Blue Shield should get caught up by early summer.

I have 5 apps with Blue Shield of California that were submitted in Dec that still haven't finalized.
Because Anthem was blacked out in California for 4 months, Blue Shield was swamped with apps.
Now that Anthem is back selling in Ca, Blue Shield should get caught up by early summer.

Rose colored glasses?

Rick

My Blue Shield declines haven't slowed down at all. Very fast service on those declines.

All of which, btw, were issued at level 1 (no rate up) by Anthem Blue Cross within 5 days upon submission after the declines.

My Blue Shield declines haven't slowed down at all. Very fast service on those declines.

Is Shield the one that wanted a big rate increase?

Is Shield the one that wanted a big rate increase?

It was the Ca Anthem Blue Cross increase of "up to 39%" this time last year 3.01.10. The media and dems jumped all over the "39% increase". At that same time, health care reform was teetering on pass or fail in the senate. IMO, Anthem caused health care reforum to pass. Anthem eventually rescinded the 3.01.10 and increased rates later that same fall.
Until last week, Blue Shield of Ca had a "up to 39% pending" until they succumded to the new state ins comish.
Now postponed for 60 days.
To the OP complaining about apps submitted in Jan 2011, I say quit your whining...:laugh:I have 5 pending from Dec 2010

So it would appear Shield is saying, give us a rate increase or we (effectively) stop writing business . . .

Third rate increase in five months. 10/1, 1/1 and 3/1 all rate increases by Shield. Anthem continues to offer 12-month initial rate guarantees, Shield has suspended ALL rate guarantee periods.

Total increase on some Shield plans attributed to the three rate increases.....59%.

My clients are in their early 20's healthy people. I'm looking like an ass in front of them.

Back