Turning 65 lists

Winter_123

Guru
5000 Post Club
What is the best, or a good, source for a list of prospects turning 65 or is this an elusive butterfly. Are any of the purported sources any good or are they all a bogus crap shoot?

Thanks for any info.

Winter

What is the best, or a good, source for a list of prospects turning 65 or is this an elusive butterfly. Are any of the purported sources any good or are they all a bogus crap shoot?

Thanks for any info.

Winter
Every company and many agents get the same list. Most of the people on it will also be on the DNC list.

I find contacting age-ins to be a waste of time. If you want to write medicare, choose older people and mail them about supplements. I've been doing this with great results.

Rick

Every company and many agents get the same list. Most of the people on it will also be on the DNC list.

I find contacting age-ins to be a waste of time. If you want to write medicare, choose older people and mail them about supplements. I've been doing this with great results.

Rick

Thank you.

Winter

Rick

I agree. I have tried many times to market to people turning 65 and each time it has been a total flop. Contact people between ages 67 and 77, you will have much better luck.

Once they sign up for Medicare, it seems it takes about two years for them to realize that agents selling Med Supps or MA plans know more than they do.

I have had pretty good results with turning 65's from company leads and referrals but haven't bought lists, etc.

I do not have 100 posts and cannot offer anything, which is cool I respect the forums

However, the way "THEY" those that DO offer these lists do it is to: first understand how close to 65 you are looking IE, contact them on their birth month, within 1-2 months before, same within 1-2 months after ect.. and pull first age appropriate people I.E. 64 year old people, then suppress their credit file information for the birth months you are after.

If you are looking for phones, we'l... they'll suppress those records by phones in the DNC and provide you with a count of non-DNC matches.

Are you looking to telemarket or direct mail, or both; these prospects?

We've had some great results telemarketing these folks for appointment setting.

Regards,

How do you get the list for 65 and over?

Contact a company that sells lists. I use Lead Concepts. Last time I ordered from them the cost was about $100 for 1,000 names. I have used other companies and Lead Concepts seems to have the best up to date info of the ones I have tried in the past. It's been a couple of years since I have ordered a list though.

As I mentioned above, I don't work the turning 65 people, I find them to be a waste of time. Other agents I have worked with and talked to seem to have the same results with turning 65 people. I do a fair turning 65 amount of business but it is all referrals.

I pick the zip codes I want, specify income over $12,000, ages 67 to 78 with birth dates and phone numbers. The last list I ordered there were about 30% that had phone numbers and not on the DNC list.

I do not have 100 posts and cannot offer anything, which is cool I respect the forums

However, the way "THEY" those that DO offer these lists do it is to: first understand how close to 65 you are looking IE, contact them on their birth month, within 1-2 months before, same within 1-2 months after ect.. and pull first age appropriate people I.E. 64 year old people, then suppress their credit file information for the birth months you are after.

If you are looking for phones, we'l... they'll suppress those records by phones in the DNC and provide you with a count of non-DNC matches.

Are you looking to telemarket or direct mail, or both; these prospects?

We've had some great results telemarketing these folks for appointment setting.

Regards,

Tom, what do you charge for a list of 1,000 names with birth dates and phone numbers and income over $12,000? Do you compile your lists by zip code or area code or can the agent choose? Do you send them in Excel format?

Why are you recommending that they be contacted on their birth month or one or two months before they turn 65? Most people turning 65 have made a decision about their Medicare at least two months before turning 65.

You don't appear to be an agent and giving advice regarding how and when to sell when you really don't do it yourself really isn't a good thing. It would be better to stick to what you do best which appears to be selling lists.

Contact a company that sells lists. I use Lead Concepts. Last time I ordered from them the cost was about $100 for 1,000 names. I have used other companies and Lead Concepts seems to have the best up to date info of the ones I have tried in the past. It's been a couple of years since I have ordered a list though.

As I mentioned above, I don't work the turning 65 people, I find them to be a waste of time. Other agents I have worked with and talked to seem to have the same results with turning 65 people. I do a fair turning 65 amount of business but it is all referrals.

I pick the zip codes I want, specify income over $12,000, ages 67 to 78 with birth dates and phone numbers. The last list I ordered there were about 30% that had phone numbers and not on the DNC list.

This is the same company that we use. We find them to be priced competitively and they are good people to do business with.

I will say that T-65 is a tough market right now. Every MA and PDP company are targeting that age group for the Initial Coverage Election Period (ICEP). It would be easier to target the criteria that Frank mentions above.

Back