Turning 65 Supps, Are You Selling Mainly on Price?

SecureHealth1

Guru
100+ Post Club
So lets assume you have someone aging onto Medicare and they want a plan G, are you just picking the company that has the best rate in there area seeing as how its guaranteed issue since they are aging in? We do mostly advantage so I was wondering, with a billion companies to choose from and there are no health questions, right? So how do you choose between all the companies if your not looking at a company that will insure them based on health problem per say. Are you just selling on price?

Give them several options including the big names plus the lowest priced plan in your area. I carry BCBS and Mutual and several others so you can at least offer it to them so they don't go looking somewhere else. Most end up picking the lowest priced plan once they learned they are all the same with all companies. I also present the lowest priced MA plan in my area and let the client choose.

You have to factor in rate history as well. If MoO is the lowest by say a dollar or two over another company that has a better rate history. I'd explain this to them and suggest spending $2 more.

So lets assume you have someone aging onto Medicare and they want a plan G, are you just picking the company that has the best rate in there area seeing as how its guaranteed issue since they are aging in? We do mostly advantage so I was wondering, with a billion companies to choose from and there are no health questions, right? So how do you choose between all the companies if your not looking at a company that will insure them based on health problem per say. Are you just selling on price?

If you are selling in Florida (like you flag suggests), and are selling anything but AARP, you will have a hard time getting your business to stick.

The only time I ever sell a medsupp other than AARP, is if the customer has problems with them politically. At which point I show them another company, but at the same time I make sure they understand its the same policy and the only difference is price, and that the AARP stamp aint on it.

Otherwise, the price, my good looks and rate history would be the biggest factors. :yes::yes::yes:

I never sell on price.

Never sell on rating, or name recognition (or lack thereof).

Other than G, I never push one plan vs another. After all, it is their plan and their money.

I lead with F because that is the most common and one that most of them know (based on recommendations from their friends). I give them a list of prices for all the F plans based on their age, gender and zip and let them study it.

I also throw in the lowest G rate for discussion.

We discuss how all the plans are the same. All carriers are readily accepted and all pay claims on a timely basis.

By now they are 90% sold so it is time to ask some more questions to find out what they are looking for in a plan and carrier.

Very rare when the plan they buy has the lowest premium or from a carrier with a name brand.

Axe, does UHC/AARP have good prices in FL compared to other carriers? Is the G vs F differential enough to talk about?

I know in some areas the price difference is negligible so agents will usually pivot to N.

Axe, does UHC/AARP have good prices in FL compared to other carriers? Is the G vs F differential enough to talk about?

I know in some areas the price difference is negligible so agents will usually pivot to N.

not axe, but UHC/AARP is usually tied with BCBS for lowest premiums in FL generally. You're right about G not being relevant in FL.

Plan G is not offered GI , only OE. Since you mentioned turning 65 think you are meaning OE.

So people aging in cannot get G guaranteed issue? Sorry, to clarify, I was meaning most other states outside of Florida. We are venturing into other states, so I am trying to think of certain scenarios. And I mentioned plan G because of the future with plan F.

Back