Turning 65 Supps, Are You Selling Mainly on Price?

So people aging in cannot get G guaranteed issue? Sorry, to clarify, I was meaning most other states outside of Florida. We are venturing into other states, so I am trying to think of certain scenarios. And I mentioned plan G because of the future with plan F.

He was making the point that "aging in" is not called Guarantee Issue.. It is Open Enrollment.. There are no health questions in either case but some of the differences are Open Enrollment pays full commission where most companies pay little, if any commission for GI. The plan selection of GI is more restrictive than GI. GI can be available at any any age depending on specific qualifying events.

So people aging in cannot get G guaranteed issue? Sorry, to clarify, I was meaning most other states outside of Florida. We are venturing into other states, so I am trying to think of certain scenarios. And I mentioned plan G because of the future with plan F.
People aging in or enrolling in Part B is an Open Enrollment situation.

A MA plan leaving the area or a employer group plan discontinuing is an example of a GI situation. In this scenario, they would receive a letter that gives them GI status.

Axe, does UHC/AARP have good prices in FL compared to other carriers? Is the G vs F differential enough to talk about? I know in some areas the price difference is negligible so agents will usually pivot to N.

Not only does UHC have the lowest rates they also have the lowest rate increases. I have a record of them since 2003 and they average between 0-3.5%. Many years it's 0

And yeah, plan G is like $7 less than plan F. So I've never seen one here.

Now that I'm offering in other states, I'm curious to when you say you don't sell on price or brand, what do you sell on? Obviously you don't have to push a company but do you just throw out 5 names and they pick one? Typically they would choose the lowest I assume.

what do you sell on? Obviously you don't have to push a company but do you just throw out 5 names and they pick one? Typically they would choose the lowest I assume.

Go back and read my post. I was very deliberate and open about the process I use.

And no, they rarely pick the lowest rate.

Even if they do, I talk them through the buying process, and educate them on what to consider in picking a plan and carrier.

It usually comes down to two carriers and they pick the one they want which is always the one I would have recommended if they simply asked.

People hate to be sold but they love to buy.

I have maybe sold a Med Sup to a T-65 five times that wasn't the current lowest premium. These were people who had to have BCBS because of their name. I don't understand when you say they rarely buy the lowest cost plan.

Go back and read my post. I was very deliberate and open about the process I use. And no, they rarely pick the lowest rate. Even if they do, I talk them through the buying process, and educate them on what to consider in picking a plan and carrier. It usually comes down to two carriers and they pick the one they want which is always the one I would have recommended if they simply asked. People hate to be sold but they love to buy.

So I read again what you posted before, and you ask them what they are looking for in a plan or carrier. You explain all the plans are the same, everyone does that, but I'm wondering if all the plans are the same and all the carriers pay the same way, why do they choose one over the other? I'm just curious on where their decision comes from.

Midlevel, some of us know how to work the client and some don't. I don't presume to know your area, who has what rate, and so forth.

There are a lot of people here that buy BX too, but it is mostly from their P&C agent in the small burg where they live. "Joe" has taken care of my home and auto for years and if he recommends BX that is good enough for me.

But if they talk to me first, and sometimes even later, they won't buy plan F and they won't buy BX.

Chazm they usually make their decision based on what I tell them about rate stability. If needed, I can back up my statements because I have rate sheets on many of the carriers going back to 2010.

So far only one person has asked me to show them the rates.

By the time we get to that point in the discussion we both know they are going to buy from me.

Midlevel, some of us know how to work the client and some don't. I don't presume to know your area, who has what rate, and so forth.

There are a lot of people here that buy BX too, but it is mostly from their P&C agent in the small burg where they live. "Joe" has taken care of my home and auto for years and if he recommends BX that is good enough for me.

But if they talk to me first, and sometimes even later, they won't buy plan F and they won't buy BX.

Chazm they usually make their decision based on what I tell them about rate stability. If needed, I can back up my statements because I have rate sheets on many of the carriers going back to 2010.

So far only one person has asked me to show them the rates.

By the time we get to that point in the discussion we both know they are going to buy from me.

I did! :yes:

Midlevel, some of us know how to work the client and some don't. I don't presume to know your area, who has what rate, and so forth. There are a lot of people here that buy BX too, but it is mostly from their P&C agent in the small burg where they live. "Joe" has taken care of my home and auto for years and if he recommends BX that is good enough for me. But if they talk to me first, and sometimes even later, they won't buy plan F and they won't buy BX. Chazm they usually make their decision based on what I tell them about rate stability. If needed, I can back up my statements because I have rate sheets on many of the carriers going back to 2010. So far only one person has asked me to show them the rates. By the time we get to that point in the discussion we both know they are going to buy from me.

Ahh rate stability, yeah that's what I do. Actually I just did a MoO yesterday for a 77 year old taking 5 meds. I recommended another plan but he insisted on MoO. Hey, I'll write but expect big increases. I can't believe he got approved today! One day. I mean I've primarily only worked with UHC T65's for 7 years but 1 day for underwritten policy is nuts

If they tell me they want MOO I give them the 800 and tell them to enroll direct. That way when the rate increases come, and they will, they can complain to whoever returns their call.

That's another take away I use.

I tell them up front I can offer almost any carrier they want except MOO. And I tell them why.

If they still want MOO I give them the 800 number.

That stops them dead in their tracks every time.

I also don't have or need UHC. If they want UHC I give them the AARP number. That also works.

Latest posts

Back