Simonebenj3

Hi, I started in the insurance industry about 2 years ago and still don't have my life license. Instead of getting my 2-15, I broke it down and have my 2-40 health only and I'm almost ready with the 2-14 course to take my test. Problem is, everytime I go to study I just can't get a hang of annuties and retirement plans! I don't get it at all, so I'm searching for anyone who may understand these well to tutor me. We can discuss pricing, I'm hoping I'll get it within meeting 2 or 3 times. I'm trying to pass the online course and take my test in the next 3 weeks so if anyone in the south florida area has a good grasp on this, I'm hoping we can set up some lessons!

So what you're really saying is you need help with your pre-licensing training. You may want to post in that particular sub-forum AND list the specific terms you are having trouble with.

If you really think about it - insurance has a legal language. If you understand the terminology, you can understand what the question is asking. Investopedia can also be helpful when studying - particularly on annuities and retirement plans.

It's been over 14 years since I took my original life insurance and annuity licensing exam, but I do remember thinking that "sub account" or rather "annuity units" was an odd phrase. It's far easier to think about mutual fund share values - because that's essentially what they are. They go up and down with the market and other factors of the underlying investments.

Back