Two Lines of Business which Don't Supplement Each Other

What should be the right direction for more development?

• Group Health and benefits, Life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Larger contractors, Workers Comp

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Commercial properties

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Medicare, Life Insurance

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ARus

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Illinois
Hello,
I found this forum as really beneficial and believe your opinions will help me to make right decision.

After being 3 y a captive I became independent. Now is going my 4th year as independent with my agency.

1. I worked and have book from small contractors GL and WC and some commercial auto. Small, means small - the smallest but making their living through their business. Also do surety bonds.

2. The new Health care reform helped me to develop each year from the start (2) good chunks of business based specifically on ethnic niche (was easy to target, was the first agent offering for the first year, no language barriers, same culture).

3. I hate personal auto insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. the business now is 30% P&C and 60% Health

The above are products I have the most experience. I can learn and implement quickly a new product.

Which way to go or what should be the mix? The following are lines of business I can add, but not all of them. It will be too much for me.

• Group Health,
    Medicare
  • Workers Comp and larger Contractors
  • Excessive risk - properties, commercial property (investors are calling me)
  • Whole LIfe, Life

I didn't expect the current mix. Obama did it to me:1biggrin:

Last edited:
What I read if I understand you, You are mostly dealing with small buis, If that is the case you want to ask do you want to expand dealing with residential or larger commercial.From there you will know what you want to add to your portfolio.

What I read if I understand you, You are mostly dealing with small buis, If that is the case you want to ask do you want to expand dealing with residential or larger commercial.From there you will know what you want to add to your portfolio.

All health policies are individual and this is 60% from my business.

Small contractors are 30%.

It creates a dilemma for me: to stay as it is and expend, or to add something else?:nah:

All health policies are individual and this is 60% from my business.

Small contractors are 30%.

It creates a dilemma for me: to stay as it is and expend, or to add something else?:nah:

If that's the case and you like working more with individuals and small buis, I think the natural addition would be life products maybe some critical illness too.

Also if you have clients aging into medicare it would be good to add medicare Supplements as well.

Back