Two Quick Questions on Metlife

ewilkins

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I've searched the forum but can't seem to find what I'm looking for in regards to Metlife. Do they only appoint indy agents, or can you actually work directly for them?

Secondly, do they require you to work out of an office, or can you work from your own office (home or commercial rental space)?

Thanks!

Re: Metlife

I've searched the forum but can't seem to find what I'm looking for in regards to Metlife. Do they only appoint indy agents, or can you actually work directly for them?

Secondly, do they require you to work out of an office, or can you work from your own office (home or commercial rental space)?

Thanks!

You can work directly for them. They have agency offices - they also operate under New England Financial (and maybe other names)

Are we talking P&C or L&H?

I work directly for Metlife. They will not let you work out of your house once you are a full time agent. They will give you money for an office. Or at least that is how it works in Wisconsin. If you have other questions feel free to ask!

Are we talking P&C or L&H?

I have my P&C, so that's where I'd start.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I actually just spoke with the recruiter for my area and it looks like it's a no go for now. She mentioned that their most successful agents have strong roots in the area and well, I just moved to Oregon. I personally know this wouldn't deter me but if that's what they're looking for....
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I work directly for Metlife. They will not let you work out of your house once you are a full time agent. They will give you money for an office. Or at least that is how it works in Wisconsin. If you have other questions feel free to ask!

Do you sell P&C, L&H or both?

Last edited:

I sell both, but mainly P&C. Through training they will have you work on P&C only and then start doing L&H after. So far I really like it here.

Back