two separate policies, one owner with Medicaid

TestyT

Hello. I have have a job and health insurance through my company. I have an auto policy of my own that cover my two vehicles. My roommate recently lost his job and is on Medicaid. He has his own auto insurance with a different insurance carrier.

Will I be precluded from using my health insurance (in case of accident) for my policy and forced to pay more to take the auto insurer's health insurance (because my roommate is on Medicaid?)

If I'm understanding your question correctly:

You should always be able to use your health insurance that you have through your work. The insurance companies and your human resources department will always want you to be a part of a big group of members. It's unlikely that they will want you to change insurance to the same company as your auto insurance. Does that help?

Hello. I have have a job and health insurance through my company. I have an auto policy of my own that cover my two vehicles. My roommate recently lost his job and is on Medicaid. He has his own auto insurance with a different insurance carrier.

Will I be precluded from using my health insurance (in case of accident) for my policy and forced to pay more to take the auto insurer's health insurance (because my roommate is on Medicaid?)
I think it might depend on what kind of relationship you have with your roommate. Now spill the beans!!! Are you having sex with your roommate! :eek:

Depends on the state in some cases. Some states require you to file a claim for injury against your auto carrier before filing against your health insurance because many times the health insurance provider has paid out thousands of dollars, the insured is given a "pain and suffering" settlement, and the health insurer is not reimbursed. I really don't see how or where the situation with your roommate matters as far as your insurance situation is concerned. Your policies, you file against your coverage.

Back