TX health agents, what to do?

HomeService

Guru
1000 Post Club
What do TX health agents do about this? The co. I work for now has a health plan that states, something like ... "no benefits while on the job..." { except owner and partners, no coverage for workers while on the job}

Now, I have lived in other states where workers comp is mandatory, but here it is not. So, in other states, the agent can just say, "You have workers comp for that..." if the question ever comes up. Here, it is doubtful they have workers comp, very few employers do- right now.
I have seen other major meds and limited benefit plans, besides my co., that say "no on the job coverage". { I am paraphrasing, they are worded in different ways. }

But, here at my co., the question does not come up but I think it may at some point. All of my company brochures show claim examples of " child: broken leg playing on slide in back yard".....that type of examples.

OK, now I have a 24 hr accident plan that covers on or off the job, for $2500. I do not know what to do about a $100K claim, due to some serious injury. Business owners in TX are taking a risk by simply hiring folks.

HomeService,
I'm here in Texas and used to work at the Dept of Ins. A phone call to them should clear this up. The regs are posed online too, so you could take time and read them yourself - though certain death might occur doing this - so a call and clarification might prove best or just go to unicare as STI says.............

I have read the regs on workers comp, the business owner actually has to opt out of workers comp and such, but few ever pay attention to that, but that does not help me with what my health ins co { that I sell for} , says about no coverage on the job.

However, the unicare thing, I did not know they were 24hr coverage. interesting. So, if some agent comes along, and replaces unicare, with a limited benefit plan with no on the job covereage, that agent just did a boo boo. Basically. Very interesting.

just read the limitation and exclusions on all the policy's.....some say they will not cover work related injury's and sickness and others say they will let workman's comp pay if liable ....thats why I always ask what they do for a living....if it is a high risk I.E. construction I will recommend for a few dollars more is in their best interest .....I know Aetna does not cover WRS&I........

WC.jpg

Last edited:
Unicare has 24hr work related coverage? Is that an additional rider? I thought they excluded work related injuries.

sti: you posted aetna or unicare up there^^^? if that is unicare, looks like work related stuff is excluded, whether claimed or not???? see where the questions may arise?

Back