kirans

Can someone help me with:

In a given year, how often does an agent:

1. Make a sales call?
2. Quote a specific carrier policy?
3. Close a deal?
4. Reprice renewal deals?

Also,

5. What is the average commission in the industry?

Thanks!

Being that you have to make a sales call to quote a policy and close the deal... I would say 3 to 5 times a day and commission will vary depending on the carrier.

# 5 there are plenty of threads on this

#4 whenever necessary, this will vary by many factors

#3 will vary greatly on experience,prospecting type and goals

# 2 Huh I have no idea

# 1 I don't know what you expect but sounds unrealistic if you have to ask how many sales calls an Agent Has to make in a year

----------

And Also all this will vary greatly dep on which product line

Can someone help me with:

In a given year, how often does an agent:

1. Make a sales call?
2. Quote a specific carrier policy?
3. Close a deal?
4. Reprice renewal deals?

Also,

5. What is the average commission in the industry?

Thanks!

So go ahead, Kirans, and get in this business. You too can make that sales call with a quote from a great carrier and close that deal. Next year reprice and renew. All that for huge commissions.! P & C average commissions 10 - 15%. How many times? A LOT! or you will starve. :D

You left out, how many times we:

Take a claims call, dealing with the claim, dealing with upset customers about the claim, especially when it is denied. (and was that your fault?)

Take service calls, address changes, billing changes, auto changes, mortgage and lienholder changes, coverage changes, lapsing policy's, reinstating policies, billing problems.

Take request to cancel calls. 90% retention rate in this business is considered great.

Dave

So go ahead, Kirans, and get in this business. You too can make that sales call with a quote from a great carrier and close that deal. Next year reprice and renew. All that for huge commissions.! P & C average commissions 10 - 15%. How many times? A LOT! or you will starve. :D

You left out, how many times we:

Take a claims call, dealing with the claim, dealing with upset customers about the claim, especially when it is denied. (and was that your fault?)

Take service calls, address changes, billing changes, auto changes, mortgage and lienholder changes, coverage changes, lapsing policy's, reinstating policies, billing problems.

Take request to cancel calls. 90% retention rate in this business is considered great.

Dave

This^^^

Even agents that have a full CSR staff still deal with unruly customers that ONLY want to speak to "their" agent, make endorsements, go through mandatory staff training, state regulation CE hours, and deal with general questions about customers, rules, regs, rates, coverages, and carrier policies.

Sometimes, there's a little down time and you pick up a warm lead list and make some hail mary calls. Personally, I make 5-7 calls per day on warm leads, follow up quotes from prospects. Most of my conversation happens via email and people calling me. I'm lucky and it took years to get that way. If you're just starting in the business, you'll be making cold calls and calling from Recontact/Winback lists. No question about it. You have to put meat on the table and THEN you'll get some marketing money thrown your way (if you're lucky) to buy hot-lead lists and have a telemarketer. Work hard and you'll be rewarded. It will take 2-3 years until you REALLY see the fruits of your labor....and by that time, you should know what you're doing and be ready to either buy a book of business or go indy and start all over again :D

If you're talking about P&C... just go door to door.

I can generate 3 times as many leads in just a few hours on the doors as I can all day on the phone.

Here were my numbers yesterday:

Hours:

Doors Knocked:

Leads Generated:

LPH:

Yesterday was an anomaly. My stats usually fall somewhere between 2-3 leads per hour.

If you're talking about P&C... just go door to door.

I can generate 3 times as many leads in just a few hours on the doors as I can all day on the phone.

Here were my numbers yesterday:

Hours:

Doors Knocked:

Leads Generated:

LPH:

Yesterday was an anomaly. My stats usually fall somewhere between 2-3 leads per hour.

You literally knocked on 86 doors yesterday asking whoever answered about P&C insurance? Didn't think anyone did that anymore. Impressed with the drive.

You literally knocked on 86 doors yesterday asking whoever answered about P&C insurance? Didn't think anyone did that anymore. Impressed with the drive.
It works even better if you're an independent. I'm currently generating leads for a captive shop, so I'm not generating as many leads as I could.

I guess it also depends on the area. I have lots of cookie-cutter suburban homes to knock. May not work well everywhere.

It works even better if you're an independent. I'm currently generating leads for a captive shop, so I'm not generating as many leads as I could.

I guess it also depends on the area. I have lots of cookie-cutter suburban homes to knock. May not work well everywhere.

Certainly makes sense. I'd pay someone in my area for every lead. I also live in a cookie-cutter neighborhoods type of area.

Back